By B.N. Frank
At the same time, Fitbits and other activity trackers are still being manufactured, marketed, and sold to the public as beneficial – even to children. Many doctors also don’t seem to have a clue that these devices could be causing health problems either. When I read one Ohio woman’s experience and testimony, I felt like I was watching an episode of The Twilight Zone.
Apparently, since 2014, wearers have also been reporting to Fitbit that they are being shocked by these devices. This is sometimes leaving burn marks. The Daily Mail UK covered this in great detail in May 2018. One wearer was carrying his 3-year-old daughter when he was shocked which caused him to drop her. Fitbit blames these shocks on “a build-up of static energy in the user” which has left many victims very skeptical.
In May 2018, Natural News addressed EMF exposure from wearing activity trackers:
The cons of wearable fitness trackers do not end with the possibility of getting an electric shock (though, that certainly is quite the deterrent). One of the top concerns about wearing a wireless fitness tracker is, of course, the exposure to EMF radiation. Cell phones are often the primary target of such health concerns — but really, any wireless device can pose a health risk.
Recent research has indicated that EMF radiation can cause cancer and other adverse effects. So while fitness trackers are intended to support your health-seeking endeavors, they may actually be making you sicker.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has already received many complaints about Fitbits and they seem to be turning a blind eye to it. This is not surprising. The FCC has been allowing The Tech Industry (aka Big Wireless) to do whatever they want for the last 20+ years with digital, electronic, and WiFi operating devices and infrastructure.
So why are some wearers experiencing shocks and other side effects while others are not? Maybe because:
- Other sources of WiFi, EMF, and/or “Dirty Electricity” are contributing to Electrical Pollution (aka Electrosmog) in the environment which is causing shocks and other symptoms when some are wearing Fitbits.
- These particular wearers may be more “sensitive” to the frequencies emitted by Fitbits and/or other sources of Electrosmog. Lab testing is available to determine if this could be contributing or causing symptoms and illnesses.
Regardless, no one is stopping Fitbit from continuing to manufacture and market these devices.
Of course, because there haven’t been more warnings, people are continuing to buy these devices for themselves and their children. Marketing makes all technology seem so magically awesome. It’s shocking, y’all.
For more information, visit the following websites:
- Center For Safer Wireless
- Center For Electrosmog Prevention
- Citizens for Safe Technology
- Clear Light Ventures
- Dr. Sam Milham
- EMF Safety Network
- Environmental Health Trust
- Generation Zapped
- In Power Movement
- National Association for Children and Safe Technology
- Parents for Safe Technology
- Scientists for Wired Tech
- We Are The Evidence