By B.N. Frank
As wildfires continue to ravage the West Coast, fingers are being pointed at climate change, poor forest management, and downed power lines. There is research that also suggests increasing levels of EMF Radiation Pollution (aka “Electrosmog”) from utility “Smart” Meters and other sources are drying out trees and other plants which makes them more fire prone. As if “Smart” Meter fires and explosions weren’t problematic enough.
From EMF Safety Network:
In Sonoma County California we’ve had 3 major wildfires in the past two months, evacuations, and weeks of toxic smoke. This deadly scenario has played out for several years in a row and the damage to lives, homes, nature, and towns throughout California is unprecedented. California’s investor owned utility, PG&E, has been found guilty for the majority of the previous fires, including many lives lost.
In 2019 Business Insider reported, “Over 1,500 California fires in the past 6 years — including the deadliest ever — were caused by one company: PG&E.”
Become an Activist Post Patron for $1 per month at Patreon.
National Geographic reports on the science connecting wildfires to climate change, stating: “Increasing heat, changing rain and snow patterns, shifts in plant communities, and other climate-related changes have vastly increased the likelihood that fires will start more often and burn more intensely and widely than they have in the past.”
- Smart grid equipment that emits microwaves was installed on utility power lines starting around 2013 throughout California.
- Utility smart meters have caused fires at the meter or in an appliance. Smart meters transmit pulsed radiation every few seconds have dramatically increased microwave pollution.
- Trees and plants are stressed, drier, and more fire prone from years of microwave radiation pollution from cell towers, cell phones, smart meters, etc.
- Stressed trees and plants emit terpenes which makes them more fire prone.
- Eklipse Report: The impacts of artificial Electromagnetic Radiation on wildlife (flora and fauna) “Terpene emission was reported to be enhanced by EMR and could also be considered as a marker of stress perception.” https://www.eklipse-mechanism.eu/documents/15803/0/EMR-KnowledgeOverviewReport_FINAL_27042018.pdf/1326791c-f39f-453c-8115-0d1c9d0ec942
- Radiofrequency radiation injures trees around mobile phone base stations “Statistical analysis demonstrated that electromagnetic radiation from mobile phone masts is harmful for trees.” https://www.researchgate.net/publication/306435017_Radiofrequency_radiation_injures_trees_around_mobile_phone_base_stations
- Influence of microwave frequency electromagnetic radiation on terpene emission and content in aromatic plants “There was a direct relationship between microwave-induced structural and chemical modifications of the three plant species studied. These data collectively demonstrate that human-generated microwave pollution can potentially constitute a stress to the plants.” https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25050479/
- Plant Responses to High Frequency Electromagnetic Fields “Indeed, numerous metabolic activities (reactive oxygen species metabolism, α- and β-amylase, Krebs cycle, pentose phosphate pathway, chlorophyll content, terpene emission, etc.) are modified, gene expression altered (calmodulin, calcium-dependent protein kinase, and proteinase inhibitor), and growth reduced (stem elongation and dry weight) after low power (i.e., nonthermal) HF-EMF exposure. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4769733/
Tens of millions of utility “Smart” Meters – electric, gas, and water – have been installed in California and throughout the U.S. They DO NOT save meaningful amounts of energy AND customers’ rates have been increased to install them (see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6). Millions more are being deployed despite the fires, explosions, excessive radiation emissions, and other problems identified with them.
Other unnecessary sources of “Electrosmog” – including 5G – continue to be installed as well. How much has to burn before this is finally addressed?
Activist Post reports regularly about unsafe technology. For more information, visit our archives and the following websites:
- Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
- EMF Safety Network
- Environmental Health Trust
- Smart Grid Awareness
- Take Back Your Power
- The People’s Initiative
Provide, Protect and Profit from what’s coming! Get a free issue of Counter Markets today.