By B.N. Frank
Since 2017, doctors and scientists have been asking for 5G moratoriums on Earth and in space due to biological and environmental health risks (see 1, 2, 3, 4) and the majority of scientists oppose deployment. In 2019 telecom executives gave U.S. congressional testimony that they had NO scientific evidence that 5G is safe. Opposition to 5G continues to increase worldwide which has limited, slowed, and/or stopped deployment but obviously not everywhere, hence more people reporting symptoms and illnesses after activation.
Case Study Published: 5G Health Effects To Family Living Close To 5G Cell Antennas
In the recently published case report “5G Radiofrequency Radiation Caused the Microwave Syndrome in a Family Living Close to the Base Stations” a family of three living at distances of about 50 and 70 meters to two 5G base stations reported symptoms included in the microwave syndrome. The daughter had the most severe health issues, for example sleeping problems, headache, concentration and memory problems, skin disorders, irregular heartbeat, light sensitivity, anxiety and panic attacks.
Authors Mona Nilsson1 and Lennart Hardell published the report in the Journal of Cancer Sciences and Clinical Therapies.
In this article we present a new case study of a family including three persons, a woman 55 years, a 20 year old man and a 19 year old woman. The fourth family member, the father, did not participate. All live in an apartment with two 5G/4G base stations directed towards their apartment, one at a distance of around 50 meters and the second at a distance of around 70 meters. The base stations are placed on the roof of two adjacent 6-floor buildings. The apartment of the family is located at a slightly lower height, on the fourth floor, in another building across the street (Figure 1)
Base stations for 3G and 4G had previously been active at the same locations since at least 2013, but were replaced by 5G and 4G technology and antennas in the middle of July 2021 (B in Figure 1) and during the month of May 2022 (C in Figure 1).
The family members declared having several symptoms typical for the microwave syndrome and were most severe in the woman aged 19. In early September 2021 the young woman experienced worsened health symptoms with development of several of the reported symptoms. She had already before the deployment of the two 5G base stations some health problems in terms of sleep disturbances, pain in the body and the joints and occasionally high pulse rate. There are no measurements of the RF microwave radiation from the previous 3G/4G base stations situated at the same spots since at least 2013. The present 5G equipment was installed during July 2021 (B in Figure 1) and during May 2022 (C in Figure 1).
Although the levels in the daughter’s bedroom were lower than in the other family members’ bedrooms, she reported more health issues. However the levels measured at the pillow in her bedroom are far above the levels previously reported to increase risk of ill health in studies of persons living close to base stations , and the levels of maximum exposure recommended by the BioInitiative Report and the EuropaEM EMF Guidelines . Further, it is known that the sensitivity to RF radiation can vary considerably among individuals.
The RF radiation levels measured in this study, and in our three previous case studies on this topic, were very much higher than levels in previous generations of wireless technology found to increase the risk of ill health such as symptoms of the microwave syndrome. The distance to the base stations is within the radius also previously reported to increase the risk of similar symptoms [24, 26-31]. The RF radiation levels are also far above levels recommended by experts. In 2012, the BioInitiative Report proposed to limit human exposure to 30-60 µW/m2 and even lower for sensitive persons and children, 3-6 µW/m2 . Also the EuropaEM EMF guidelines proposed in 2016 to limit exposure to maximum 10 – 1000 µW/m2 and even lower at night time, 1-100 µW/m2 . For sensitive persons a maximum of 0.1-10 µW/m2 was recommended 
Federal and state 5G streamlining laws have fast tracked transmitting cell antennas close to people’s homes and workplace.
Four published case reports document illness that developed after 5G antennas were installed. A 52-Year healthy woman developed severe microwave syndrome shortly after installation of a 5G base station close to her apartment. In “The Microwave Syndrome after Installation of 5G Emphasizes the Need for Protection from Radiofrequency Radiation” (Hardell and Nilsson 2023), a man and woman developed microwave syndrome symptoms (e.g., neurological symptoms, tinnitus, fatigue, insomnia, emotional distress, skin disorders, and blood pressure variability) after a 5G base station was installed on the roof above their apartment.
Similarly, in “Development of the Microwave Syndrome in Two Men Shortly after Installation of 5G on the Roof above their Office” two men developed symptoms after 5G antennas were activated on the roof of their workplace. The symptoms disappeared in both men within a couple of weeks (case 1) or immediately (case 2) after leaving the office.
- European Parliament requested a research report “Health Impact of 5G” which was released in July 2021 and concluded that commonly used RFR frequencies (450 to 6000 MHz) are probably carcinogenic for humans and clearly affect male fertility with possible adverse effects on the development of embryos, fetuses and newborns.
- A review entitled “Evidence for a health risk by RF on humans living around mobile phone base stations: From radiofrequency sickness to cancer” reviewed the existing scientific literature and found radiofrequency sickness, cancer and changes in biochemical parameters (Balmori 2022).
- A study entitled Impact of radiofrequency radiation on DNA damage and antioxidants in peripheral blood lymphocytes of humans residing in the vicinity of mobile phone base stations published in Electromagnetic Biology and Medicine found changes in blood considered biomarkers predictive of cancer in people living closer to cell antenna arrays (Zothansiama 2017). Surveys of people living near cell tower antennas in France, Spain, Iraq, India, Germany, Egypt, Poland have found significantly higher reports of health issues including sleep issues, fatigue and headaches (See Santini et al. 2003, López 2021, Alazawi 2011, Pachuau and Pachuaua 2016, Eger et al. 2004, Abdel-Rassoul et al. 2007, Bortkiewicz et al., 2004).
- A study published in American Journal of Men’s Health linked higher cell tower RFR exposures to delayed fine and gross motor skills and to deficits in spatial working memory and attention in school adolescents (Meo 2018).
- A study published in Environmental Research and Public Health found higher exposures linked to higher risk of type 2 diabetes (Meo 2015).
- A study following people for 6 years linked increased cell phone and cell phone tower antenna exposure to altered levels of hormones including cortisol, thyroid, prolactin and testosterone (Eskander et al. 2021).
- A study that followed people in a German town after a cell tower was erected found stress hormones adrenaline and noradrenaline significantly increased over the first 6 months after the antenna activation and decreased dopamine and PEA levels after 18 months (Buchner 2011).
Activist Post reports regularly about 5G and other unsafe technologies. For more information, visit our archives and the following websites:
- Environmental Health Trust
- Electromagnetic Health
- EMF Scientist
- Children’s Health Defense
- Electromagnetic Radiation Safety
- Physicians for Safe Technology
Provide, Protect and Profit from what’s coming! Get a free issue of Counter Markets today.