Man Swallows AirPod While Sleeping and Other Reasons to Not Wear AirPods (Or Let Your Kids)

By B.N. Frank

Wearers have reported about their AirPods overheating and catching fire.  Environmentalists have warned that they aren’t recyclable and are adding to already dangerously high levels of toxic E-Waste.  They also emit wireless radiation which can increase cancer risk, disrupt the blood-brain barrier (see 1, 2, 3), and cause undesirable symptoms and illnesses including “Microwave Sickness” also known as “Electromagnetic Sensitivity” (see 1, 2) and “Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity.”

There’s been at least one account of a child accidentally swallowing an AirPod.  More recently a man swallowed one while sleeping.

From USA Today:

Yikes! Man swallows AirPod while sleeping; X-ray discovers it lodged in his esophagus

Associated Press

BOSTON — A man is warning people against using wireless earbud headphones while falling asleep after health care workers had to remove one from his esophagus.

Worcester, Massachusetts, resident Bradford Gauthier, who detailed his bizarre experience in a Facebook post, went to bed Monday listening to music. He woke up Tuesday, shoveled snow for about an hour and then went inside to take a sip of water. But the liquid wouldn’t go down, and he had to lean over to drain it from his throat.

Gauthier also noticed he was missing one of his two Apple AirPod earbuds, which he said typically uses as he falls asleep.

Gauthier’s son suggested that perhaps his father had swallowed the earbud, which is exactly what an X-ray at a local emergency clinic revealed. The small plastic device was lodged in his lower esophagus.

“Sure enough I had an AirPod lodged in the lower part of my esophagus. I just had an emergency Endoscopy to get it removed,” Gauthier wrote in his post.

Gauthier said he never experienced more than minor discomfort. He told NBC Boston 10 that he wanted to share his experience to caution others not to sleep with their headphones.

“Be careful listening to wireless headphones when you fall asleep,” he warned on Facebook, “you never know where they’ll end up!”


presearch



Wireless hearing aids and other wearable devices (see 1, 2, 3, 4) emit harmful radiation too.  Some wearers tolerate exposure better than others.

Activist Post reports regularly about unsafe technology.  For more information visit our archives and the following websites:

Image: Pixabay

Become a Patron!

Subscribe to Activist Post for truth, peace, and freedom news. Send resources to the front lines of peace and freedom HERE! Follow us on Telegram, SoMee, HIVE, Flote, Minds, MeWe, Twitter, Gab and Ruqqus.

Provide, Protect and Profit from what’s coming! Get a free issue of Counter Markets today.


Activist Post Daily Newsletter

Subscription is FREE and CONFIDENTIAL
Free Report: How To Survive The Job Automation Apocalypse with subscription

Be the first to comment on "Man Swallows AirPod While Sleeping and Other Reasons to Not Wear AirPods (Or Let Your Kids)"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*