By B.N. Frank
Warnings from experts about cybersecurity risks from 5G and Internet of Things (IoT) technology are not breaking news (see 1, 2, 3). Internet of Things (IoT) technology has a 74% failure rate and experts report that cybersecurity risks are increasing with its use – not decreasing.
Here’s yet another warning from 5G Radar:
5G is here to stay, and it’s set to shake up a lot of different industries. It brings a host of benefits, including super-fast speeds, reliability, efficiency and support for many more devices. However, these innovations will change the way we approach security, as 5G opens up many new opportunities for hackers.
This is a concern, as research firm Gartner predicts that 66 percent of organizations will adopt 5G by the end of 2020. And 59 percent of these businesses plan to use 5G to support the Internet of Things.
According to the 2019 Brookings report, there are five ways in which 5G networks are more susceptible to cyberattacks, which are:
- 5G is no longer centralized, hardware-based but has switched to distributed, software-defined digital routing – cyber hygiene checks cannot be implemented
- Higher-level network functions are no longer physical but virtualized in software – this increases cyber vulnerability
- 5G networks are managed by software and so cannot be shutdown if a hacker gains control of the software, they have complete control of the network
- 5G has a huge increase in bandwidth, giving hackers additional areas to attack
- Billions of devices can be attached to an IoT network which provides huge levels of vulnerability
So there’s all of that AND warnings about 5G that have absolutely nothing to do with cybersecurity:
- In 2017 doctors and scientists requested a worldwide 5G moratorium due to biological and environmental risks.
- Since 2018 people and animals have also been getting sick where it has been turned on (see 1, 2, 3, 4).
- In February 2019 telecom executives gave congressional testimony that they have NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE that it’s safe.
- In December 2019 doctors, scientists, engineers, and public advocates asked President Trump for a moratorium on 5G because of biological, environmental, and safety risks (see 1, 2. 3).
- Meteorologists, NASA, NOAA, the U.S. Navy, and other credible sources have also issued grave warnings about widespread installation (see. 1, 2, 3).
Adding insult to injury – few people have subscribed to it where it’s been installed. Nonetheless, the “Race to 5G” continues anyway AND includes launching thousands of satellites to blast 5G from space. Nervous yet?
Activist Post reports regularly about 5G and other sources of unsafe technology. For more information visit our archives and the following websites.
- 5G Information
- The 5G Summit
- Electromagnetic Radiation Safety
- Environmental Health Trust
- Last Tree Laws
- My Street, My Choice
- Physicians for Safe Technology
- Scientists for Wired Tech
Provide, Protect and Profit from what’s coming! Get a free issue of Counter Markets today.