By B.N. Frank
Opposition to 5G has been ongoing since 2017 when doctors and scientists asked for a worldwide moratorium on installation. Unfortunately, this didn’t stop deployment and there have been reports of people and animals getting sick after it was turned on since 2018 (see 1, 2, 3, 4).
In February 2019 the telecom industry gave congressional testimony that they have NO scientific evidence that 5G is safe. That didn’t stop deployment either. In December 2019, doctors, scientists, engineers, and public advocates asked President Trump for a moratorium on 5G (see 1, 2, 3). Multiple 5G lawsuits have also been filed in the U.S. (see 1, 2, 3, 4). Cities and countries have even tried banning it.
Some American elected officials have been taking action, though, and confronting the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) about their role in this. After all they are supposed to be protecting the public from the telecom industry even though they haven’t done that since long before the Trump administration. The “Race for 5G” (see 1, 2, 3) has made them more dangerous. Thanks to Environmental Health Trust for this compilation of letters to the FCC from Congress members.
Congressman Dan Lipinski (IL-3) released the following statement today:
“I am disappointed by Chairman Pai’s response to my concerns about the FCC’s radiofrequency exposure safety standards. The FCC needs to be more transparent about its research and decision-making process related to 5G. It’s important that legitimate efforts are made to inform the public about the research in a detailed manner so they can have confidence in the safety claims about modern wireless technology. I am exploring legislative remedies to ensure greater accountability and transparency.”
Read this on Congressman Dan Lipinski’s Website “FCC Must Be More Transparent About 5G Research”
Environmental Health Trust has compiled several letters from members of the US Congress.
So far the FCC has responded without any documentation showing 5G is safe for humans, wildlife and the environment.
Letters From Elected Officials to the FCC
- November 19, 2019 Letter to the FCC from Rep. Daniel Lipinsky IL on the FCC Review of RF Health Effects and Cell phone test systems that allow excesses above the legal limit. The Chicago Tribune investigation is mentioned.
- September 13, 2019, Letter from Rep DeFazio and Rep Suozzi Letter to the FCC on Chicago Tribune Study
- December 3, 2018, Letter from Senator Richard Blumenthal (Connecticut) and Rep Anna G. Eshoo (California) to the FCC
- April 16, 2019, Letter from Rep Thomas Suozzi (New York) to the FCC
- April 15, 2019, Letter from Rep. Peter A. DeFazio (Oregon) to the FCC
- July 23, 2019, Letter from Senator James F. Gaughran (New York)
- July 18, 2019, Senator Anna Eschoo (CA) and Senator Jeff Merkley (OR) Letter to the FDA
Read the published research on 5G here.
Misinformation about 5G has been reported by many sources including The New York Times. In January one of their reporters was accused of violating a truth and accuracy code for this by the Press Council of Ireland. So there’s that.
Of course, 5G isn’t the only source of unsafe technology. Cell phone and wireless WiFi radiation – 1G through 4G – are also biologically and environmentally harmful. Pollution from all sources of Electromagnetic Radiation (“Electrosmog”) was also problem before 5G. Environmentalists and health experts have been insisting that we should be reducing sources of Electrosmog. The “Race for 5G” does the exact opposite and includes blasting 5G at Earth from space with satellites.
Activist Post reports regularly about 5G and other sources of unsafe technology. For more information, visit our archives and the following websites:
- 5G Information
- The 5G Summit
- Electromagnetic Radiation Safety
- EMF Safety Network
- Environmental Health Trust
- My Street, My Choice
- Physicians for Safe Technology
- Scientists for Wired Tech
- Wireless Information Network
Provide, Protect and Profit from what’s coming! Get a free issue of Counter Markets today.