According to Halt MA Smart Meters, Massachusetts' largest electric utility NSTAR has submitted scathing comments to the Department of Public Utilities (DPU) regarding its proposed mandate (to the utility, not the customer - there is no legal mandate for individual utility customers to accept “smart” meters on private property anywhere in the US or abroad that we are aware of - that is a myth and a lie perpetuated by utilities).
NSTAR states in its official submission to the DPU:
- “Smart Meters do not reduce the number of outages”
- “Smart metering systems are not necessary to integrate distributed resources” (wind & solar)”
- “Smart meters introduce a brand new portal into (our) information systems, significantly increasing the cyber-security risk.”
- “mandated implementation of (smart meters) is not a prerogative within the [DPU]‘s discretion”
- “Many customers have a deep aversion to technology that links them to the ‘grid’ in a way that they perceive as an invasion of their privacy and/ or detrimental to their health”
It is worth noting how far the “smart grid” has fallen in terms of public acceptance that now a major US utility has courageously come out and rejected “smart” meters, complaining loudly about a state mandate even as state utilities commissions- driven by a corrupt association with the smart grid industry- continue to blindly push “smart” meter programs that have shown themselves to be a waste of public funds, a waste of energy, and a threat to our health, safety and privacy.
In California, the Public Utilities Commission was responsible for pushing the smart grid on initially reluctant investor owned utilities. While companies like GE, Landis & Gyr, and Silver Spring Networks continue to profit handsomely from the smart meter gravy train, it’s clear that this train is stalling on an uphill grade without brakes, and we know how that story ends…..
For more information, see Halt MA Smart Meters Newsletter
NStar’s DPU comment: HMSM highlighted version or original NStar Mass.gov doc
Stop Smart Meters UK
BE THE CHANGE! PLEASE SHARE THIS USING THE TOOLS BELOW
If you enjoy our work, please donate to keep our website going.