Everyone knows how expensive college is. Between tuition, room and board, and that first taste of freedom, piles of money get spent. Not everyone wants to sell themselves into indentured servitude with student loans, so what is a starving kid to do?
Well, you could sign up to spy on your friends and family and have your schooling paid for, bring home a cool $30K per year, housing and transportation costs, AND be guaranteed employment when you’re done with school!
A job listing aimed at high school seniors promises all of that and more!
Katie Kieffer of Townhall.com reported the details:
NSA.Gov currently has a “job” posted for young people who are desperate for a job, thanks to Obama’s lackluster recovery. Under “Careers” and “Opportunities for You,” the NSA has this posting with a bold red alert notice at the top: “Notice: Stokes Scholarship Application Deadline extended until 30 November 2013.”
The objective of this job is ambiguous. The Obama administration should be transparent about why taxpayers are being forced to provide these “jobs” and “entitlements” to high school seniors. In the long run, will these jobs benefit young people, or will they benefit control-hungry bureaucrats? Also, what exactly will these young people be doing? The NSA website says young people will work in “computer science” and “computer or electrical engineering,” but without concrete details on the projects under those categories.
From the NSA’s website:
“Stokes is open to high school seniors planning on majoring in computer science or computer/electrical engineering. As an NSA employee with the Stokes Program, you will attend college full-time, receive up to $30,000 per year for tuition and mandatory fees; and work during the summers at NSA for 12 weeks in areas that are related to your course of study. You’ll acquire real-world experience and receive a year-round salary. Please note: must maintain a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale after your freshman year, if selected as a program participant, you are required to work in your area of study for NSA after your college graduation for at least one-and-one-half times the length of study.”
Wait. That’s not all! The government has many other benefits in store for young snoopers:
· Housing and travel entitlements available during summer employment (if the distance between NSA and the school exceeds 75 miles) (You are “entitled” to housing and a taxi driver.)
· Year-round salary (Never worry about beer money again.)
· Guaranteed continued employment with NSA after graduation (Snooper for Life!)
· Receive annual and sick leave and paid federal holidays (Lovely.)
· Health and life insurance (While the rest of us see premium increases and cancellations.)
· Participation in federal retirement plans (Retirement plan? These are high school seniors!) (source)You’ve heard that saying, “When something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
If you think a student loan entails indentured servitude, can you imagine being FORCED after college to work for an agency that listens to our phone calls, files away our emails and text messages, and spies on every single person in the country? Can you imagine being forced to put your morals aside and pretend you’re acting in the best interest of the country, when in actuality, you are the worst kind of traitor?
Think about all you could learn with classes like Spying 101, The Psychology of Being a Narc, or Advanced Covert Surveillance.
And even worse thought is the brainwashing that you would undergo.
- “Government is good,” you might begin to think as you watch your friends struggling to scrape together money for gas and beer, while you live the high life in your nice apartment on the federal dime.
- “I’m serving my country,” you might be convinced, as you get praised for ratting out your friends and family.
- “It’s for the greater good,” you might start to parrot, as you watch more and more freedoms being taken away from the rest of us, while you enjoy a different set of rules because you are in the pocket of the Feds.
Make no mistake, a student taking this job will be subject to insidious programming every single day, through meetings, emails, and a reward system. Think back to the stories that we hear about Nazi Germany, when regular citizens who were given benefits for turning on their neighbors. Many of them became hooked on the power, and gave a whole new meaning to brutality. As more things became “illegal”, there were more people to turn in, and more rewards were forthcoming.
Education is important, but not at the expense of whoring yourself out to an invasive totalitarian government.
(H/T Blacklisted News)
Kimberly Paxton, a staff writer for the Daily Sheeple, is based out of upstate New York.
BE THE CHANGE! PLEASE SHARE THIS USING THE TOOLS BELOW
If you enjoy our work, please donate to keep our website going.