By B.N. Frank
It makes sense that prolonged exposure to any kind of unnatural radiation pulsing could cause or increase inflammation and pain.
There are doctors and scientists who have already acknowledged the link between exposure to Electrosmog and Fibromyalgia as well as other debilitating and painful conditions – even if your doctors have not.
The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences describes EMFs as invisible areas of energy, otherwise known as radiation.
When electromagnetic radiation is high (such as when you’re using your cell phone as a navigation tool (higher electro and magnetic fields)), and close to your body, it can cause damaging microwaves and free radicals within the body.
The National Cancer Institute provides a great chart to help you understand the levels of EMFs. http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/radiation/electromagnetic-fields-fact-sheet
On the left side of the chart, power lines and computers are among the lowest sources of non-ionizing radiation, with microwaves, cell phones, smart meters and wi-fi being some of the highest. The more damaging ionizing radiation levels includes things like UV rays, x-rays and gamma rays used in diagnostic and therapeutic radiation (1).
There are five primary sources of electromagnetic frequencies that impact us on a daily basis (2):
- Electric Fields: come from anything that has voltage, like anything electric (lamps, electrical wiring, outlets, extension cords, electrical appliances (like microwaves), and power outlets). Electric fields can affect the ability of your neurons to fire and communicate. It can impede inter-cell communication anywhere in the body. This can lead to things like behavioral changes, altered cell growth, cell mutations, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and cancer.
- Magnetic Fields: these fields occur if there is an imbalance in electrical wiring, or around electrical motors like those in your refrigerator. A common magnetic field most people are exposed to is the main power meter of your house. Avoid sleeping against the wall that has a power meter on the outside. The further you’re away from the source (five to six feet), the less intense the effects. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has labeled magnetic fields as a class 3 carcinogen.
- Power Lines: above ground or underground.
- Metal Plumbing: older metal plumbing can carry a current.
- Wireless Communications: wireless power meters (SmartMeters), cell phones, cell towers, wireless routers and cordless phones (especially the base – which transmits whether you are on or off the phone) expose you to both electric- and magnetic fields. When it comes to wireless communications, the radiation you’re exposed to decreases the further you’re away from the source.
Traditionally the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia is related to environmental illness. In the current understanding there are basically three illnesses emerging: Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and electrosensitivity, also referred to as electromagnetic hypersensitivity. The symptoms overlap dramatically and usually consist of headaches, extreme fatigue, skin and lung problems, multiple chemical sensitivity, food allergies, sleeping disorders and general weakness.
A GOVERNMENT agency has acknowledged for the first time that people can suffer nausea, headaches and muscle pains when exposed to electromagnetic fields from mobile phones, electricity pylons and computer screens. — Sarah-Kate Templeton, Medical Correspondent
Besides using drugs to control symptoms, an alternative method of healing Fibromyalgia is to remove the substances adversely affecting the immune system. What is often missed however is correcting the original source of the hypersensitivity. This is often times because the correlation between Fibromyalgia and EMFs is not widely known.
Because the nervous system is a primary site impacted by both chemicals and electromagnetic fields, those with nervous system damage from toxic exposures seem more susceptible to becoming ES too. — Lucinda Grant, Advocate
Last month, Activist Post published an article about the link between MS and Electrosmog exposure, “People Suffering from MS May Also Have Electromagnetic Sensitivity and Not Know It.”
Activist Post has published many articles about why reducing your exposure and your loved ones (including pets’) exposure to Electrosmog is never a bad idea. After all, exposure is cumulative.
For more information, visit the following websites:
- We Are The Evidence
- Center For Safer Wireless
- Dr. Madga Havas
- Dr. Sam Milham
- EMF Safety Network
- Environmental Health Trust
- Generation Zapped
- National Association for Children and Safe Technology
- Parents for Safe Technology
- Physicians for Safe Technology
- Scientists for Wired Tech
- Take Back Your Power
- The EI Wellspring
Image credit: Pixabay