Lily Dane and Kimberly Paxton
The dismal numbers are in on Americans who have registered for Obamacare. 106,185 people “signed up” but many of those people only have a plan in their shopping carts – they have not yet actually purchased the plan.
However, in the sense of fair play, we’ll go with that number, assuming every single person with a plan in their cart fully intends to fork over the money.
Remember, 106,185 is the magic number.
Just for fun, we thought it would be interesting to compare the Obamacare registrants with some other American statistics. Here are 25 things that more Americans have done this year than have signed up for “affordable healthcare” through the disastrous healthcare.gov website.
First of all, the population of the United States is 317,071,645 as of the time of this article. (source)
- More people go to Walt Disney World every day than have signed up for Obamacare. The park averages 130,000 visitors per day.
- Nearly twice as many people signed up for a one-way trip to Mars as have signed up for Obamacare – 202,586.
- Over one thousand times more people watched the Superbowl than signed up for Obamacare – 108.4 million people tuned in to watch the 2013 game.
- 108,713 people went to Cowboys Stadium in Dallas to attend the 2010 NBA All-Star Game.
- 119,230 people jump out of perfectly good airplanes every two weeks than have registered for Obamacare.
- More people get nailed with a speeding ticket in America every day than have signed up on healthcare.gov – 112,000 citations are written up daily.
- Almost triple the number of people attended Justin Bieber’s 2012 Mexico City concert – over 300,000 people were there.
- 139,661 people signed a petition to pardon Edward Snowden.
- On average, more people ride the DC Metro’s Red Line each Saturday than have signed up for Obamacare – the public transit system boasts 113,742 passengers on Saturdays.
- More people worldwide belong to Mensa than have signed up for Obamacare – 110,000.
- Eight times more Americans have pierced their genitals than have registered for Obamacare. 887,800 Americans have genital piercings.
- 121,666 people under age 18 smoke their very first cigarettes each day than have registered for Obamacare since the exchange opened.
- More than triple the number of babies were born each month in the US than adults who have registered for Obamacare – 333,333 infants come into the world every month.
- More people have had a leg amputated this year than have signed up for Obamacare – 113,000 lower limb amputations take place annually.
- 7 times as many people have their vehicles stolen each year than have signed up for Obamacare – 734,226.
- More people attend Comic-Con conventions than have purchased government healthcare – 126,000.
- More people visit Wikipedia every day than have registered for Obamacare – 156,668 on average.
- 15 times as many Americans eat a Big Mac every day than have signed up for “affordable health care” – 1.5 million of the burgers are sold each day.
- Over one thousand times more Americans suffer from a venereal disease than have signed up for Obamacare – more than 110 million Americans have a sexually transmitted disease.
- Triple the number of American women get breast implants each year than people who have signed up for government health care – over 340,000 chests are enlarged every year.
- More people get caught shoplifting in the U.S. than have signed up for Obamacare – 166,666 get nabbed each month.
- 8 times as many people buy a car than have signed up or health care – 833,333 purchase a vehicle each month in America.
- Twitter has more new members join every day than people who signed up for Obamacare in a month – 135,000.
- 142,682,240 believe in ghosts – that’s 1,343 times more people than signed up for health care.
- There are 316,600 living centenarians (people over age 100) worldwide. That’s almost 3 times as many people than have signed up for Obamacare.
Delivered by The Daily Sheeple