Water fluoridation is a highly controversial topic, with many individuals voicing massive concern over the practice.
In contrast, some stick to the concept that there isn’t any association between fluoride and any real negative effects.
Fluoride, however, is indeed a toxic substance, and has been tied with numerous health complications in well-established research. Fluoride can be found in many water supplies, toothpaste, and even food at alarming levels. While it may sound shocking to many, some research is even drawing a close connection between fluoride and an increased cancer risk.
One paper entitled Fluoride – A Modern Toxic Waste says the following:
Yiamouyiannis documents research showing that fluoride increases the tumor growth rate by 25% at only 1 ppm, produces melanotic tumors, transforms normal cells into cancer cells and increases the carcinogenesis of other chemicals. For the original references to these studies, refer to Yiamouyiannis’ pamphlet, Lifesavers Guide to Fluoridation.
In 1997, it was shown that fluoridation caused about 10,000 cancer deaths in epidemiological studies by Dr. Dean Burk, former head of the Cytochemistry Section at the National Cancer Institute and Yiamouyiannis. Despite the findings occurring in 1997, they were not reluctantly released until 1989. After analyzing the study results in rats, it was found that animals who drank fluoridated water:
- Showed an increase in tumors and cancers in oral squamous cells.
- Developed a rare form of bone cancer called osteosarcoma.
- Showed an increased in thyroid follicular cell tumors.
- Developed a rare form of liver cancer known as hepatocholangiocarcinoma.
Other research resurfaced by Dr. Dean Burk, former chief of cytochemistry at the National Cancer Institute for 30 years, also shows that fluoride increases the cancer death rate. Dr Burk refers to a study conducted which compares the 10 largest U.S. cities with fluoridation and the 10 largest without. What researchers found was that following fluoridation, deaths from cancer went up immediately — in as little as a year.
To reduce fluoride levels to a the greatest degree, activists must demand that the government stop fluoridating the water supplies. Water fluoridation has not only been linked to an increased cancer risk, but a decreased IQ in children. In fact, the findings forced the government to call for lower fluoridation levels nationwide.
Until water fluoridation comes to a halt, the easiest way to reduce fluoride exposure is to invest in a reverse osmosis water filtration system. Drinking distilled water for 3-6 months may also reduce the soft tissue fluoride levels, but not bone levels. Soft tissue fluoride levels cause the greatest health problems.
- Fluoride Supplements Shown to Have No Benefits, Only Dangers
- Common Food Items Could Contain 180 Times More Fluoride Than Tap Water
- Scientists Uncover Truth About Fluoride and Other Water Contaminants
- Breaking: Fluoride Linked to #1 Cause of Death in New Research
- Government Calls for Lower Fluoride Levels and Admits it Harms Children
- Fracking Process Shown to Compromise Air Quality, Cause Cancer
This article first appeared at Natural Society, an excellent resource for health news and vaccine information.