Friday, January 25, 2013
30 Population Control Quotes That Show That The Elite Truly Believe That Humans Are A Plague Upon The Earth
There is a clear consensus among the global elite that overpopulation is the primary cause of the most important problems that the world is facing and that something desperately needs to be done about it. They truly believe that humans are a plague upon the earth and that we will literally destroy the planet if we are left to our own devices.
To the elite, everything from global warming to our growing economic problems can be directly traced back to the lack of population control. They warn that if nothing is done about the exploding population, we will be facing a future full of poverty, war and suffering on a filthy, desolate planet. They complain that it "costs too much" to keep elderly patients that are terminally ill alive, and they eagerly promote abortion for babies that are "not wanted" because they would be "too much of a burden" on society. Anything that reduces the human population in any way is a good thing for those that believe in this philosophy.
This twisted philosophy is being promoted in our movies, in our television shows, in our music, in countless books, on many of the most prominent websites in the world, and it is being taught at nearly all of the most important colleges and universities on the planet. The people promoting this philosophy have very, very deep pockets, and they are actually convinced that they are helping to "save the world" by trying to reduce the size of the human population. In fact, many of them are entirely convinced that we are in a "life or death" struggle for the fate of the planet, and that if humanity does not willingly choose to embrace population control soon, then a solution will have to be "forced" upon them.
Yes, I know that all of this may sound like something out of a science fiction novel. But there are a whole lot of people out there that are absolutely obsessed with this stuff, and many of them are in very prominent positions around the globe.
The following are 30 population control quotes which show that the elite truly believe that humans are a plague upon the earth and that a great culling is necessary...
1. UK Television Presenter Sir David Attenborough: "We are a plague on the Earth. It’s coming home to roost over the next 50 years or so. It’s not just climate change; it’s sheer space, places to grow food for this enormous horde. Either we limit our population growth or the natural world will do it for us, and the natural world is doing it for us right now"
2. Paul Ehrlich, a former science adviser to president George W. Bush and the author of "The Population Bomb": "To our minds, the fundamental cure, reducing the scale of the human enterprise (including the size of the population) to keep its aggregate consumption within the carrying capacity of Earth is obvious but too much neglected or denied"
3. Paul Ehrlich again, this time on the size of families: "Nobody, in my view, has the right to have 12 children or even three unless the second pregnancy is twins."
4. Dave Foreman, the co-founder of Earth First: "We humans have become a disease, the Humanpox."
5. CNN Founder Ted Turner: "A total world population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal."
6. Japan’s Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso about medical patients with serious illnesses: "You cannot sleep well when you think it’s all paid by the government. This won’t be solved unless you let them hurry up and die."
7. David Rockefeller: "The negative impact of population growth on all of our planetary ecosystems is becoming appallingly evident."
8. Environmental activist Roger Martin: "On a finite planet, the optimum population providing the best quality of life for all, is clearly much smaller than the maximum, permitting bare survival. The more we are, the less for each; fewer people mean better lives."
9. HBO personality Bill Maher: "I’m pro-choice, I’m for assisted suicide, I’m for regular suicide, I’m for whatever gets the freeway moving – that’s what I’m for. It’s too crowded, the planet is too crowded and we need to promote death."
10. MIT professor Penny Chisholm: "The real trick is, in terms of trying to level off at someplace lower than that 9 billion, is to get the birthrates in the developing countries to drop as fast as we can. And that will determine the level at which humans will level off on earth."
11. Julia Whitty, a columnist for Mother Jones: "The only known solution to ecological overshoot is to decelerate our population growth faster than it’s decelerating now and eventually reverse it—at the same time we slow and eventually reverse the rate at which we consume the planet’s resources. Success in these twin endeavors will crack our most pressing global issues: climate change, food scarcity, water supplies, immigration, health care, biodiversity loss, even war. On one front, we’ve already made unprecedented strides, reducing global fertility from an average 4.92 children per woman in 1950 to 2.56 today—an accomplishment of trial and sometimes brutally coercive error, but also a result of one woman at a time making her individual choices. The speed of this childbearing revolution, swimming hard against biological programming, rates as perhaps our greatest collective feat to date."
12. Colorado State University Professor Philip Cafaro in a paper entitled “Climate Ethics and Population Policy”: "Ending human population growth is almost certainly a necessary (but not sufficient) condition for preventing catastrophic global climate change. Indeed, significantly reducing current human numbers may be necessary in order to do so."
13. Professor of Biology at the University of Texas at Austin Eric R. Pianka: "I do not bear any ill will toward people. However, I am convinced that the world, including all humanity, WOULD clearly be much better off without so many of us."
14. Detroit News Columnist Nolan Finley: "Since the national attention is on birth control, here’s my idea: If we want to fight poverty, reduce violent crime and bring down our embarrassing drop-out rate, we should swap contraceptives for fluoride in Michigan’s drinking water.
We’ve got a baby problem in Michigan. Too many babies are born to immature parents who don’t have the skills to raise them, too many are delivered by poor women who can’t afford them, and too many are fathered by sorry layabouts who spread their seed like dandelions and then wander away from the consequences."
15. John Guillebaud, professor of family planning at University College London: "The effect on the planet of having one child less is an order of magnitude greater than all these other things we might do, such as switching off lights. An extra child is the equivalent of a lot of flights across the planet."
16. Democrat strategist Steven Rattner: "WE need death panels. Well, maybe not death panels, exactly, but unless we start allocating health care resources more prudently — rationing, by its proper name — the exploding cost of Medicare will swamp the federal budget."
17. Matthew Yglesias, a business and economics correspondent for Slate, in an article entitled "The Case for Death Panels, in One Chart": "But not only is this health care spending on the elderly the key issue in the federal budget, our disproportionate allocation of health care dollars to old people surely accounts for the remarkable lack of apparent cost effectiveness of the American health care system. When the patient is already over 80, the simple fact of the matter is that no amount of treatment is going to work miracles in terms of life expectancy or quality of life."
18. Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger: "All of our problems are the result of overbreeding among the working class."
19. U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg: "Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of."
20. Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger: "The most merciful thing that the large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."
21. Salon columnist Mary Elizabeth Williams in an article entitled "So What If Abortion Ends Life?": "All life is not equal. That’s a difficult thing for liberals like me to talk about, lest we wind up looking like death-panel-loving, kill-your-grandma-and-your-precious-baby storm troopers. Yet a fetus can be a human life without having the same rights as the woman in whose body it resides."
22. Alberto Giubilini of Monash University in Melbourne, Australia and Francesca Minerva of the University of Melbourne in a paper published in the Journal of Medical Ethics: "[W]hen circumstances occur after birth such that they would have justified abortion, what we call after-birth abortion should be permissible. … [W]e propose to call this practice ‘after-birth abortion’, rather than ‘infanticide,’ to emphasize that the moral status of the individual killed is comparable with that of a fetus … rather than to that of a child. Therefore, we claim that killing a newborn could be ethically permissible in all the circumstances where abortion would be. Such circumstances include cases where the newborn has the potential to have an (at least) acceptable life, but the well-being of the family is at risk."
23. Nina Fedoroff, a key adviser to Hillary Clinton: "We need to continue to decrease the growth rate of the global population; the planet can't support many more people."
24. Barack Obama's primary science adviser, John P. Holdren: "A program of sterilizing women after their second or third child, despite the relatively greater difficulty of the operation than vasectomy, might be easier to implement than trying to sterilize men.
The development of a long-term sterilizing capsule that could be implanted under the skin and removed when pregnancy is desired opens additional possibilities for coercive fertility control. The capsule could be implanted at puberty and might be removable, with official permission, for a limited number of births."
25. David Brower, the first Executive Director of the Sierra Club: "Childbearing [should be] a punishable crime against society, unless the parents hold a government license ... All potential parents [should be] required to use contraceptive chemicals, the government issuing antidotes to citizens chosen for childbearing."
26. Thomas Ferguson, former official in the U.S. State Department Office of Population Affairs: "There is a single theme behind all our work–we must reduce population levels. Either governments do it our way, through nice clean methods, or they will get the kinds of mess that we have in El Salvador, or in Iran or in Beirut. Population is a political problem. Once population is out of control, it requires authoritarian government, even fascism, to reduce it…"
27. Mikhail Gorbachev: "We must speak more clearly about sexuality, contraception, about abortion, about values that control population, because the ecological crisis, in short, is the population crisis. Cut the population by 90% and there aren’t enough people left to do a great deal of ecological damage."
28. Jacques Costeau: "In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 people per day. It is a horrible thing to say, but it is just as bad not to say it."
29. Finnish environmentalist Pentti Linkola: "If there were a button I could press, I would sacrifice myself without hesitating if it meant millions of people would die."
30. Prince Phillip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II and co-founder of the World Wildlife Fund: "In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation."
There is so much more that could be said about all of this.
If you would like to learn more, the following are 10 of my previous articles about the population control agenda of the global elite...
#1 "The Population Control Agenda Of The Radical Humanists Who Would Love For You And I To Die"
#2 "They Love Death"
#3 "From 7 Billion People To 500 Million People – The Sick Population Control Agenda Of The Global Elite"
#4 "Al Gore, Agenda 21 And Population Control"
#5 "The Green Agenda Is About Getting Rid Of As Many Humans As Possible"
#6 "Governments Around The World Are Eagerly Adopting The Strict Population Control Agenda Of The United Nations"
#7 "One Less Child? Environmental Extremists Warn That Overpopulation Is Causing Climate Change And Will Ultimately Destroy The Earth"
#8 "Hillary Clinton: Population Control Will Now Become The Centerpiece Of U.S. Foreign Policy"
#9 "New U.N. Report: We Must Reduce The Population To Fight Climate Change"
#10 "To The Global Elite The Math Is Simple: Human Overpopulation Is Causing Climate Change So The Solution To Climate Change Is Population Control"
So what do you think about all of this?
Do you agree or disagree with the sick population control agenda of the global elite?
Please feel free to post a comment with your thoughts below...
This article first appeared here at the Truth Wins. Michael Snyder is a writer, speaker and activist who writes and edits his own blogs The American Dream and Economic Collapse Blog. Follow him on Twitter here.