The correlation between psychiatric drugs and random acts of violence and homicide is well documented as the Food and Drug Administration requires black box warnings on the inserts of psychotropic drugs with regard to their relationship to violent behavior.
Also, America has seen hundreds of cases where high-profile acts of mass murder which were committed by individuals under the influence of psychiatric drugs.
Our nation is united in mourning over the tragic and needless loss of life at Sandy Hook Elementary. Our nation is also divided on how to minimize similar tragedies in the future. Many have said that America should have armed guards in its schools in order to prevent the catastrophic and further loss of life. Many liberals disagree by stating that having guns in schools, in any form, is a very bad idea.
The Undeniable Link Between Psychotropic Drugs and School Shootings
Our nation has been riddled with mass shootings in our schools dating over two decades. The correlation between psychotropic drugs and violent enacting behavior are unmistakable.
Here is a partial list of psychotropically drugged individuals who have perpetrated gun violence in our public schools:
- Patrick Purdy, 25, in 1989 opened fire on a school yard filled with children in Stockton,Calif. Five kids were killed and 30 wounded. He had been treated with Thorazine and Amitriptyline.
- Steve Lieth of Chelsea, Mich., in 1993 walked into a school meeting and shot and killed the school superintendent, wounding two others, while on Prozac.
- In Springfield, Oregon, on May 21, 1998, 15-year-old Kip Kinkel murdered his parents and then proceeded to school where he killed two and wounded 25. Kinkel had been taking the antidepressant Prozac. Kinkel had been attending anger management classes and was also under the care of a psychologist.
- In April of 1999, near Notus, Idaho, 15-year-old Shawn Cooper fired two shotgun rounds in his school, narrowly missing students. He was taking a prescribed SSRI antidepressant and Ritalin. He also had been seeing a psychiatrist.
- On the infamous date of April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, 18-year-old Eric Harris and his accomplice, Dylan Klebold, killed 12 students and a teacher and also wounded 26 others before killing themselves. Harris was on the antidepressant Luvox. Klebold’s was probably on psychotropic medication but his medical records remain sealed, leaving the public to wonder what the government was hiding. Both shooters had been in anger-management classes and had undergone counseling. In the same familiar pattern, Harris had also been seeing a psychiatrist before the shooting.
- In Conyers, Georgia, on May 20, 1999, 15-year-old T.J. Solomon was being treated with the stimulant Ritalin when he opened fire on and wounded six of his classmates. Ritalin is meth, pure and simple. How could any reasonable person expect a different result?
- On March 7, 2001, in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, 14-year-old Elizabeth Bush was taking the antidepressant Prozac when she shot at fellow students, wounding one.
- On March 22, 2001, at El Cajon, California, 18-year-old Jason Hoffman, while taking the antidepressants Celexa and Effexor, wounded three students and two teachers at his High School. He, too, had been seeing a psychiatrist before the shooting.
- At Wahluke, Washington, on April 10, 2001, Sixteen-year-old Cory Baadsgaard held 23 classmates and a teacher hostage. He had been taking the antidepressant Effexor.
- In Greenbush, New York, on February 10, 2004, a 16-year-old, Jon Romano, strolled into his high school in east Greenbush and opened fire with a shotgun. Romano had been taking medication for depression. He had also been seeing a psychiatrist.
- At Red Lake, Minnesota, in March 2005, 16-year-old Jeff Weise, while prescribed Prozac, shot and killed his grandparents, then went to his school where he killed seven students, a teacher, and wounded seven before killing himself.
- At Huntsville, Alabama, on February 5, 2010, 15-year-old Hammad Memon shot and killed another Discover Middle School student Todd Brown. Memon had a history for being treated for both ADHD and depression. He was taking the antidepressant Zoloft. He, too, had been seeing a psychiatrist as well as a psychologist.
- In 2007, 18-year-old Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School in southern Finland, then committed suicide.
- In Cleveland, Ohio, on October 10, 2007, 14-year-old Asa Coon stormed through his school and shot and wounded four students before taking his life. Coon had been placed on the antidepressant Trazodone.
- In Finland, in 2008, 22-year-old culinary student Matti Saari shot and killed 9 students and a teacher, and wounded another student, before killing himself. Saari was taking an SSRI and a benzodiazapine. Interestingly, he was also seeing a psychologist.
- At Dekalb, IL., in 2008, 27-year-old Steven Kazmierczak shot and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. He had also been seeing a psychiatrist.
Big Pharma makes big money and the more psychotropic medication, the more money they make. Big Pharma’s power is unchecked as they pushed through Universal Health Care, which they control. Big Pharma runs Congress and the Presidency. Big Pharma wants to make money on the path to our demise.
You may be wondering what the connotation of the phrase “demise” means? It means that the government wants to take our guns and they are using psychotropic medication to further this end. This will be the first step towards our demise for millions of Americans because seventeen times in the 20th Century, gun confiscation preceded genocide against targeted groups. Big Pharma is cashing in as we move down this 1984 path to national suicide.
The real culprit in school shootings, is our over medicating with psychotropic pills with their causal link to violent enacting behavior. The immediate ban on psychotropics would do more to stem the tide of school violence than any other factor, outside of having armed guards in the schools. However, this would not serve the agenda of those who an ulterior motive for this country and its citizens.
Consider this, if one wants to disarm a populace who would fight against the tyranny currently being established, the random murder of society’s most vulnerable victims is the best place to start in order build up a sympathetic backlash against the private ownership of guns. And if psychotropic medication has a causal link to violent-enacting behavior, the criminals running the government merely have to sit back and use this preventable, drug-induced violence as a pretext to grab the citizens’ guns before martial law is implemented.
The government and Big Pharma are so intent on drugging the population, that there are even government mandated programs, such as Teen Screen and the New Freedoms Commission which mandates that nearly everyone should be on psychotropic medication.
Through the former President, George Bush, and the current President, Barack Obama, the government has unleashed a modern-day version of the mind control police in America by attacking the psychological well-being of America’s school children and veterans by forcibly incarcerating veterans who are not drinking from the globalists’ Kool-Aid.
There is an ongoing battle for the psychological health and welfare of America’s children and eventually all Americans, under the New Freedoms Commission (NFC), as it is the eventual intent to screen and treat, with mind-numbing drugs, all Americans for mental illness by using criteria designed to elicit false positives. The relatively new mind control programs have commenced with the intent of compelling the mental health testing of all 52 million school children and the 6.5 million adults who walk through doors of every school in America on any given weekday. Acting under the authority of the NFC, all 50 states are mandated to implement compulsory mental health screening. The screening exams are to be administered in kindergarten, fourth and ninth grade. The screening program requires no parental notification and carries the force of law and this program continues unabated to this day. As is the case with vaccinations, the diagnosis and treatment, under the mind control policies of the Bush and Obama administrations will eventually be universal. The future potential for greater rates of violent enacting behavior cannot be overstated with the greater use of psychotropic medication which will accompany the continued implementation of this program.
Whether the root cause of school violence is the guns or the pills, anyone with the smallest degree of common sense would be advocating for armed guards in the nation's schools. The TSA is allowed to sexually denigrate and violate any air traveler on a random basis and, yet, the TSA has failed to stop even one act of terrorism in the history of the organization. Using the TSA as a model of intrusive imposition of policy designed to keep America safe, then why would we not move to proactively move to protect our school children to this threat? How can gun confiscation even be considered a solution when we know that 90% of the guns used in a crime are stolen? Criminals will not turn in their guns. Gun-free zones are where victims go to die because they are left defenseless by their government.
Putting armed guards in the schools is not a novel idea. Tennessee Governor, Bill Haslam (R), has said the idea will be part of his discussions about how to prevent a shooting like the one in Newtown from happening in the Volunteer State when the Tennessee Legislature resumes in January of 2013. Some school districts in Texas are considering arming teachers. This makes sense to nearly anyone who possesses an IQ over room temperature. Yet, the government will not even consider this course of action on a widespread basis. Why? Because it is the not the objective of the government to protect our children while they are at school. Our victimized children serve as the poster children for gun confiscation, period!
The causal links have been established between the use of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors and random acts of gun violence. The government should be banning the pills, not the guns. But even if Big Pharma gets a free pass from the government, why not still protect children from violence by having armed personnel in our nation’s schools? After all, if our children’s lives are important enough to consider gun confiscation, then are they not important enough to protect from 8AM to 4PM on school grounds? Well, maybe not in the eyes of the government. I would ask you to click on the following link and read my analysis of the Aurora, CO., Batman shooting which was first published only a few short days after it transpired. Then, I would ask you to look at the following CNN report on Lanza and then dare to tell me that is not another agenda at work here.
Please remember, this is a CNN report. CNN, where the truth goes to die, is telling us that there is much more to the Sandy Hook shootings than is being widely reported. When a reasonable person considers Operation Fast and Furious and its attempt to undermine the Second Amendment in combination with the Batman and Sandy Hook shootings, a clear picture is beginning to emerge. Fill in the blanks America, Ray Charles could see right through this agenda. The pills are merely a means to an end. There is clearly something much bigger at work here.
The question should be, America, are we going to fail to expose and punish this criminal behavior?
Dave is an award winning psychology, statistics and research professor, a college basketball coach, a mental health counselor, a political activist and writer who has published dozens of editorials and articles in several publications such as Freedoms Phoenix, News With Views and The Arizona Republic.
The Common Sense Show features a wide variety of important topics that range from the loss of constitutional liberties, to the subsequent implementation of a police state under world governance, to exploring the limits of human potential. The primary purpose of The Common Sense Show is to provide Americans with the tools necessary to reclaim both our individual and national sovereignty.
BE THE CHANGE! PLEASE SHARE THIS USING THE TOOLS BELOW
BE THE CHANGE! PLEASE SHARE THIS USING THE TOOLS BELOW
If you enjoy our work, please donate to keep our website going.