James Smith, Contributor
George Soros discusses the new social initiative of his foundation to create a new atmosphere of solidarity in Greece and help to alleviate the rising tensions in the country.
This talk was held at the ‘Europa nach der Krise’ conference organized by the Nicolas Berggruen Institute on Governance in Berlin on 30th October 2012. More on this institute below…
From their website:
The Berggruen Institute on Governance sees itself as an independent think tank which develops practicable solutions for the political systems of the 21st century. The functioning of the Institute: It brings outstanding public figures and people, the Government’s work first hand and know my own practical experience with the most successful entrepreneurs and the most important intellectual thought leaders in the world together. You make councils, ‘Councils’, which meet regularly and engage in the long term. Their common goal is to develop a baseline for the challenges of today’s Government work, to discuss, to submit concrete proposals for action, and to accompany the process.
Soros, a Hungarian-American business magnate, is the chairman of Soros Fund Management and supports progressive-liberal causes. He is known as “The Man Who Broke the Bank of England”.
The Berggruen Institute on Governance is under the direction of Nicolas Berggruen, a jet-setting billionaire who is working tirelessly to bring about the Progressive Movement into the mainstream, to destroy the very fabric of independence and liberty.
The Master has found his Acolyte. But the members of this organization don’t just include the rich, but the influential.
- Nicolas Sarkozy (former President of France) joined the Berggruen of Institute’s 21st Century Council.
- Alain Minc (French businessman, political advisor, and author) wrote a major piece for the New York Review of books, “An Open Letter to My Friends, the Financiers of America.”
- Guy Verhofstadt (Prime Minister of Belgium,) co-authored, with Daniel Cohn-Bendit (aka Danny the Red – former German politician), a manifesto for European reform, “for Europe.”
- Arianna Huffington (American author and syndicated columnist), at the Huffington Post, launched “what is working,” an initiative dedicated to identifying solutions to America’s jobs crisis, along with “JobRaising,” a fundraising challenge for employment-boosting nonprofits.
- Raghuram Rajan joined the government of Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as chief economic advisor, while Gordon Brown (former UK Prime Minister) became the United Nations’ special envoy for global education
- Ernesto Zedillo (Mexican economist and politician) launched the final report – called deepening democracy: A strategy for improving the integrity of elections worldwide — of the Global Commission on elections, democracy and security. Earlier this year, he joined Fernando Henrique Cardoso (former President of Brazil) in bringing out a report on HIV/AIDS by the Global Commission on drug policy.
- In the Wall Street Journal, Mohamed Ibrahim (Prime Minister of Somalia), which featured as “the philanthropist of honest Government”
- Gerhard Schroeder (former Chancellor of Germany) was described as “the man who rescued the German Economy.”
- Shaukat Aziz ( Pakistani economist and financier) helped found the Asian Peace Council.
- At the Aspen ideas Festival, Eric x. Li (Board of Directors of China Europe International Business School) engaged in a widely discussed debate on China and democracy
- Mohamed El-Erian ( CEO and co-CIO of PIMCO) wrote a letter from “concerned citizens” to the U.S. Congress as members returned from recess.
- Eli Broad (Detroit businessman), published a memoir, “The Art of being unreasonable: lessons in unconventional thinking.”
- In her address to the Republican convention, Condoleezza Rice (Former US Secretary of State) called revamping American schools in poor and minority neighborhoods “the civil rights issue of our time,” picking up a theme from the Council on foreign relations task force she co-chaired earlier this year with former New York City schools chancellor Joel Klein.
- Laura d ‘ Andrea Tyson ( American economist and former Chair of the US President’s Council of Economic Advisers) has been writing about education and taxation,
- Peter Schwartz (futurist, author, and cofounder of the Global Business Network (GBN),) wrote most recently about how gas and oil discoveries will set back the green economy.
- Pascal Lamy, ( Director-General of the World Trade Organization) gave a speech at the Singapore global dialogue on “governance of a Multipolar World order “.”
While Hercules only had to deal with a seven headed Hydra, Freedom Loving folks have a million headed Hydra to slay. And the best sword is the truth.
And Greece is in the middle of the battle where Perseus would be needed, right along side Hercules.
This article first appeared at Prepper Podcast Radio Network.
Read other articles by James Smith HERE.
James is a father of four and grandfather to four. He and his wife of almost 30 years have been prepping since 2003. They live in a small town, with neighbors as close as 10 feet away and have raised chickens for 2 years covertly on less than 1/5 of an acre. He is a former corrections officer, insurance fraud investigator, and he served in the Navy for 6 years. He currently works for a corporation dealing with the disabled population and their benefits. He is the host of The Covert Prepper show and the Prepper Podcast Radio Network News, both heard on Blogtalk Radio.