As we trudge through another presidential political season, the media seems to have already declared that the race will be between Mitt Romney and incumbent Barack Obama.This same establishment media appears desperate to identify meaningful differences between the two candidates.Yet they are in lock step on many of the most pressing issues facing America.
Sure they may have minor differences in how to bailout the economy through corporate welfare, or how to fight the war on terror (sic), or have a percentage or two difference in their tax policies; but they still view the status quo as acceptable. Neither candidate proposes any significant changes to transform a dying system that threatens to destroy the nation.
There is one candidate who's speaking about crucial issues that no others even dare address: Congressman Ron Paul. Paul is still in a competitive race for the GOP nomination despite every attempt by the media to claim otherwise. He has many more delegates than has been admitted and his crowds of enthusiastic supporters dwarf all of the other GOP candidates combined. In fact, it's increasingly difficult to believe that Romney has actually won any caucus or primaries based on his pathetic crowds.
Ron Paul is the only candidate whose intellectual honesty and consistency offers any hope of genuine solutions. Here are 10 issues that only Ron Paul is brave enough to address and propose solutions for:
|Jesse Warren Image|
2. Stop Corporate Welfare: From corporate welfare and bailouts to corporate personhood, Ron Paul is the only major candidate to have spoken out against these policies. Obama and Romney both supported the financial bailouts at the expense of taxpayers and continued tax benefits to huge multinational corporations. And Romney infamously said "corporations are human beings", which Ron Paul quickly rebuked. Anyone who believes Obama or Romney, who both receive foolish sums of corporate campaign contributions, will do anything to reign in crony capitalism is kidding themselves.
Ron Paul is overwhelmingly supported by the troops because he seeks to bring them all home and end American aggression abroad.
4. Reform the Monetary System: The masses have woken up to the fact that the Federal Reserve and their predatory monetary policy is at the root of most economic problems. Ron Paul is not just the only candidate that is speaking about this, he's likely the only politician in America that understands it. Debt-based money issued by an unaccountable private entity must end. Until we change to a fair and sound approach to currency, America will maintain its collision course to economic ruin. Ron Paul is the most qualified candidate to navigate the economy through transitioning from the 'end stages' of the Federal Reserve system to something better.
5. Restore Individual Liberty: Civil libertarians are appalled at the Obama presidency. Just when they thought it couldn't get worse than under Bush, American citizens can now be assassinated without due process, jailed indefinitely without charges, must submit to a TSA full-body groping for the right to travel, have all their communications wiretapped, and can even be strip searched for minor infractions or the speculation of an infraction. Since Romney supports all of these measures and more, Ron Paul, again, is the only national candidate seeking to reverse these grotesque violations of our rights.
6. Stop Foreign Aid: Foreign aid, funded by our tax dollars, has been sold as a humanitarian policy. Yet, instance after instance, it has proven to be nothing more than a tool of imperial colonialism and corporate welfare. For example, AIDS medicine and vaccines for the Third World serve to fatten the pockets of Big Pharma more than they help the people who receive them. And military aid is always accompanied by a security agreement to protect American (corporate) interests, while the bulk of the "aid" is immediately funneled back to U.S. weapons manufacturers. It's time to end the madness, and Ron Paul is the only one demanding we do just that.
|Campaign for Liberty image|
8. Health Freedom: In America, you can eat GMO foods, MSG, gulp fluoride-laced water, smoke cigarettes, take Oxycontin, and drink all the alcohol you want; but don't even think about drinking raw milk or using the healing properties of medical marijuana. Literally, no other politician in the entire country addresses the hypocrisy involved in limiting our health freedoms. Besides calling for the legalization of raw milk sales and legalization of marijuana, Paul also advocates deregulating natural health practitioners to expand healthcare choices for all Americans.
9. End the Income Tax: It's still controversial to refer to the income tax as unconstitutional. Yet, that doesn't change the fact that it is. The personal income tax is stealing from the labor of individuals. It's modern-day slavery. Interestingly, the income tax wasn't necessary in America until the Federal Reserve took over the monetary system in 1913 and debt-based money was issued. For all the naysayers about this issue, when we reform the monetary system, end the useless wars and other unproductive spending, the income tax will simply not be needed. Clearly, no other candidate would be so bold as to suggest ending the IRS while also having a sound philosophy and plan to actually make it work.
Read other articles by Eric Blair here.
This article may be re-posted in full with attribution.
BE THE CHANGE! PLEASE SHARE THIS USING THE TOOLS BELOW
If you enjoy our work, please donate to keep our website going.