By B.N. Frank
Decades of research has already revealed that exposure to wireless radiation emissions from numerous sources (including 5G) are biologically and environmentally harmful (see 1, 2). The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is supposed to protect Americans from the telecom industry; however it has a long history of catering to the industry instead. In 2021, a federal court ruled in favor of petitioners who sued the agency for NOT updating wireless radiation since 1996 despite scientific evidence submitted to it. In 2022 one of the petitioners announced it was seeking Americans who have been injured by exposure to be plaintiffs in lawsuits. Of course, research has already determined that wireless exposure harms wildlife too. Recently lawmakers in Maine started considering a bill that would assign the University of Maine to study exposure impacts to children and wildlife. Many organizations and individuals testified in favor of it.
From Environmental Health Trust:
Maine Bill to Study Wireless Radiation Impacts to Wildlife and Children
Maine lawmakers are considering a Bill that would task the University of Maine to research the impacts of wireless networks to wildlife as well as to children. The bill “Resolve, to Study the Effects of 5G Technology on Bird, Bee and Insect Populations and the Effects of Long-term Exposure on Children” had a public hearing before the joint Energy, Utilities and Technology Committee at 1 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 7 in Augusta, Maine.
Testifying live in favor of the bill was the sponsor, Representative Tracy Quint, Ed Friedman, Chairman of Friends of Merrymeeting Bay, Courtney Gilardi from Pittsfield, Marg Friesen of Canadians for Safe Technology and Paul Heroux PhD from Canada and Theodora Scarato MSW, Executive Director of Environmental Health Trust.
Testifying live against the bill was a physicist named Eric Swanson, on behalf of the CTIA Wireless Association as well as Ben Lucas representing the Maine Chamber of Commerce.
Read Representative Tracy Quint’s testimony on the bill here.
Environmental Health Trust submitted extensive testimony and scientific resources to the official record, including:
- Factsheet on Wildlife and Health and Low-level EMF effects on wildlife and plants: What research tells us about an ecosystem approach by Levitt, Lai and Manville
- Letters from the American Academy of Pediatrics to the FCC on the need to update rules on wireless radiation
- Letters from doctors and scientists on cell tower and cell phone health effects.
- The Amicus briefs of NRDC on impacts to the environment.
- The Myth Fact on Wireless and RF Radiation
- EHT’s Report on the FDA and cell phone, cell tower and wireless radiation
- Low-level EMF effects on wildlife and plants: What research tells us about an ecosystem approach by Levitt, Li and Manville.
- Environmental Procedures at the FCC: A Case Study in Corporate Capture by Erica Rosenberg
- Development of the Microwave Syndrome in Two Men Shortly after Installation of 5G on the Roof above their Office by Nilson and Hardell
- T mobile funded a report on wireless health effects that recommended RF human exposure limit at an exposure limit 1000 times lower than the FCC’s current power density limit.
- Maryland State Commission on Children and Environmental Health Protection Guidelines to Reduce Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure
- Nursing Handbook on EMF as an Environmental Pollutant: Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments Textbook of Environmental Health in Nursing 2nd Edition Includes Cell Phone, Cell Tower and Wi-Fi Radiation and Electromagnetic Fields.
- Frank Clegg, former Microsoft Canada President, founder of Canadians for Safe Technology submitted testimony you can see here.
Numerous people submitted testimony. Please see all the submitted testimony for the bill here.
Activist Post is Google-Free
Support us for just $1 per month at Patreon or SubscribeStar
Activist Post reports regularly about wireless radiation and unsafe technologies. For more information, visit our archives and the following websites:
- Environmental Health Trust
- Americans for Responsible Technology
- Electromagnetic Radiation Safety
- Physicians for Safe Technology
- Wireless Information Network
Become a Patron!
Or support us at SubscribeStar
Donate cryptocurrency HERE
Subscribe to Activist Post for truth, peace, and freedom news. Follow us on SoMee, Telegram, HIVE, Flote, Minds, MeWe, Twitter, Gab, What Really Happened and GETTR.
Provide, Protect and Profit from what’s coming! Get a free issue of Counter Markets today.
Be the first to comment on "State Lawmakers Consider Bill to Study Wireless Radiation Exposure Impacts on Children and Wildlife"