By B.N. Frank
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is supposed to protect Americans from the telecom and cable industries. Instead, the regulatory agency has catered to these industries for decades (see 1, 2). Lawsuits have been filed against the FCC for NOT protecting the public from unsafe levels of cell phone and WiFi radiation, 5G on Earth (see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6), in space (see 1, 2) and also for allowing telecom and cable companies to overcharge Americans for decades.
Last month, a federal court ruled in favor of organizations and petitioners that claim the agency has NOT been adequately protecting the public from harmful wireless radiation exposure. In fact, safety limits haven’t been updated since 1996.
Tell Congress and State Officials: Wireless Safety Limits Should Protect People and the Environment
We need your support at this critical next step in our efforts to ensure federal accountability on 5G and wireless. Leading scientists are appealing to President Biden and the U.S. Congress to take immediate action now that a federal court has confirmed the lack of adequate review by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Join EHT’s letter-writing campaign calling on Congress and your state elected leaders to support the scientists and to take the following actions after this landmark court won.
We are asking for:
- A comprehensive research and policy review by the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine.
- An environmental impact review for 5G and 4G deployment which includes not only effects from increased radiation but also climate impacts from increased energy use of the new networks and devices.
- The development of science-based wireless radiation safety limits for human, wildlife, and environmental exposures by US health and environmental agencies that protect against biological effects.
- Congressional oversight hearings to investigate how this issue has been handled for the last two decades by the FDA, FCC, CDC and the EPA and to ensure policymakers are aware of the latest science and policy recommendations.
- A federal action plan which includes halting 5G and network densification; monitoring and public posting of current environmental exposures; ensuring post-market surveillance for health effects with any new technology; enacting policies to reduce public exposures; and educating consumers on how they can reduce their family’s exposure.
America needs to invest in a safe technology infrastructure instead of racing into 5G. Our government health agencies can and should develop safety limits for wireless based on the latest research.
- Download the letter from scientists to President Biden
- Join EHT’s campaign to educate elected officials
- Download EHT’s printable factsheet on court ruling
Educating our elected officials about this ruling and demanding federal accountability depends on all of us. Share our letter with your elected officials.
It only takes a minute to send a letter to your representatives.
Take action now!
Activist Post reports regularly about unsafe technology. For more information visit our archives and the following websites.
- Americans for Responsible Technology
- Electromagnetic Radiation Safety
- Environmental Health Trust
- Physicians for Safe Technology
- Wireless Information Network
Provide, Protect and Profit from what’s coming! Get a free issue of Counter Markets today.