By B.N. Frank
There is growing opposition to satellites being launched to provide internet service (see 1, 2, 3, 4). Nevertheless, SpaceX has received approval to launch more for Canada, the U.K., and rural American communities.
SpaceX expands public beta test of Starlink satellite internet to Canada and the UK
- SpaceX expanded its Starlink satellite internet internationally, with Elon Musk’s company now offering early public access to the service in Canada and the United Kingdom.
- The company has launched more than 1,000 of its Starlink satellites to date, as it aims to build an interconnected internet network with thousands of satellites that are designed to deliver high-speed internet to anywhere on the planet.
- Public records show SpaceX has registered Starlink subsidiaries in Austria, Australia, Argentina, Brazil, France, Chile, Colombia, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the Philippines, South Africa and Spain.
- SpaceX has launched more than 1,000 of its Starlink high-speed internet satellites to date and, as it seeks regulatory approval in other countries, Elon Musk’s company is now offering early public access to the service in Canada and the U.K.
- “Earlier this month we expanded our ‘Better than Nothing Beta’ program to include customers across the pond in the United Kingdom,” SpaceX lead manufacturing engineer Jessie Anderson said during the company’s launch webcast on Wednesday.
- “Within the northern U.S. and Canada, and now the U.K., we are focused on rural and remote areas where there is no easy access to fiber or cable,” Anderson added.
- SpaceX began the public beta program in October, with service priced at $99 a month, in addition to a $499 upfront cost to order the Starlink Kit, which includes a user terminal and Wi-Fi router to connect to the satellites.
- Starlink is SpaceX’s plan to build an interconnected internet network with thousands of satellites,designed to deliver high-speed internet to anywhere on the planet.
Americans have already paid to have access to high-speed internet via fiber optics (see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6). Regardless, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has committed to subsidizing additional installation of unsafe 5G and WiFi including through satellites. Tech billionaires have criticized the FCC for giving more funding to SpaceX than other companies like theirs.
Become an Activist Post Patron for just $1 per month at Patreon.
Since 2017, doctors and scientists have asked for 5G moratoriums on Earth and in space due to health and environmental risks (see 1, 2). Since 2018 there have been reports of people and animals experiencing symptoms and illnesses after it was installed (see 1. 2, 3, 4). In 2019, telecom executives gave U.S. congressional testimony that they had NO independent scientific evidence that 5G is safe. Research has determined that it’s not. Cities AND entire countries have taken action to ban, delay, halt, and limit 5G installation AS WELL AS issue moratoriums on deployment.
The majority of scientists worldwide oppose 5G deployment. A petition boycotting 5G phones has been endorsed by doctors, scientists, and industry whistle blowers. Americans opposed to 5G may sign this letter asking President Biden and Vice President Harris to stop deployment.
Of course exposure risks ARE NOT exclusive to 5G. Last year The World Health Organization warned that high levels of Electromagnetic Fields (aka “Electrosmog”) could cause health issues in a significant percentage of the population.
Activist Post reports regularly about unsafe technology. For more information visit our archives and the following websites.
- 5G Space Appeal
- Stop 5G International
- The 5G Summit
- Electromagnetic Radiation Safety
- Environmental Health Trust
- Physicians for Safe Technology
- Scientists for Wired Tech
- Wireless Information Network
Top image: Pixabay
Subscribe to Activist Post for truth, peace, and freedom news. Send resources to the front lines of peace and freedom HERE! Follow us on Telegram, SoMee, HIVE, Flote, Minds, MeWe, Twitter, Gab and Ruqqus.
Provide, Protect and Profit from what’s coming! Get a free issue of Counter Markets today.