Attacks on the Freedom of Speech are nothing new. Benjamin Franklin warned about them as far back as 1722. And the Sedition Act of 1798 was a direct assault.
Learn the stories of some of the people arrested and prosecuted under one of the worst federal acts in history.
- JOIN TAC
- Show Archives
- Subscribe and Review on iTunes
- State of the Nullification Movement Report
- John Adams: From Revolutionary to Monarchist?
- Transcript of Alien and Sedition Acts (1798)
- Sedition Act Trials (pdf)
- Benjamin Franklin 1722
- The thin-skinned president who made it illegal to criticize his office
- Luther Baldwin
- Anthony Haswell
- Thomas Jefferson to Abigail Smith Adams, 22 July 1804
Source: Tenth Amendment Center
Provide, Protect and Profit from what’s coming! Get a free issue of Counter Markets today.