Tens of millions of smart meters have been installed on homes and throughout communities in the U.S. and worldwide. Unlike original analog utility meters – they aren’t grounded and they don’t have surge protectors. This can cause a multitude of mechanical problems which can lead to fires, explosions, and appliances malfunctioning and breaking (see 1, 2, 3, 4). Electromagnetic Radiation emitted from these meters can also make people and animals sick (see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5). That’s why people everywhere are fighting to have original analog meters instead of crappy (and unbelievably expensive) smart meters (see 1, 2, 3, 4).
Kudos to Michigan residents for convincing two of their state reps to introduce legislation that will better protect them from these horrible devices.
From Smart Meter Harm:
On March 10, Representatives Sue Allors and Steven Johnson introduced H.B. 5606 in the Michigan House of Representatives.
The provisions in House Bill 5606 include:
- A utility customer may choose to have a traditional analog electromechanical meter or an advanced meter.
- Utility companies shall not condition their service on a customer having a different meter than an analog traditional meter.
- Utility companies may not impose a fee for “opting out” of an advanced meter.
- Utility companies must provide proper notification to customers if they plan to install an advanced meter.
- Advanced meters must be properly grounded and have at least 120 kilovolt surge protection that is rated to divert a lightning strike.
- A customer’s energy use data and internet user information are private and confidential. Utility companies shall not “use, rent, or share” that data or information except by competent court order or law.
The bill has been referred to the Committee on Energy for hearing.
Activist Post reports regularly about smart meters and other unsafe technology. For more information, visit our archives and the following websites:
- Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
- EMF Safety Network
- Smart Grid Awareness
- Take Back Your Power
- The People’s Initiative
- Wireless Information Network
Provide, Protect and Profit from what’s coming! Get a free issue of Counter Markets today.