By B.N. Frank
Seriously – 150+ letters.
Even though some schools in the U.S. and around the world have already made the switch, most have not. Eventually, like telecom companies, these schools may also be held liable for choosing to use WiFi instead of safer (and affordable) wired internet.
There are plenty of organizations with information online about this too. Here are some of them:
- Environmental Health Trust
- Generation Zapped
- National Association for Children and Safe Technology
- Parents for Safe Technology
- Physicians for Safe Technology
- Wireless Information Network
Obviously many parents are not pleased about WiFi in schools.
Doesn’t it seem like a no-brainer that WiFi shouldn’t be installed in schools or anywhere else that kids spend long periods of time? So what’s the hold up?