By B.N. Frank
Hooray for Mill Valley, San Anselmo, and Ross, CA:
- The city council of Mill Valley, CA, a wealthy city north of San Francisco, voted unanimously to effectively halt installation of new small cell towers to accommodate 5G technology over health concerns. The “urgency ordinance” will bar applications for 5G towers while the city drafts a more permanent rule.
- The city council had received 145 pieces of mail concerned about negative health impacts, reports TechCrunch, compared to just five letters in support of small cells. The concern is over the impacts of exposure to electromagnetic fields, although the small cell antennas for 5G emit less radiation than those used for 4G.
- With the vote, Mill Valley became the third community in Marin County to pass a similar ordinance, following San Anselmo and Ross.
Unfortunately, throughout the rest of the article, research proving harm from exposure to all sources of cell phone and wireless WiFi radiation was dismissed – including 5G. They obviously aren’t the only pro-industry publication to do this. Whatever.
Well, I know what’s right
I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin’ me around
But I’ll stand my ground
And I won’t back down (Tom Petty, RIP)
- Wireless Information Network
- 5G Information
- Center For Safer Wireless
- Center For Electrosmog Prevention
- Citizens for Safe Technology
- EMF Safety Network
- Environmental Health Trust
- In Power Movement
- My Street, My Choice
- Parents for Safe Technology
- Physicians for Safe Technology
- Scientists for Wired Tech
- We Are The Evidence
- Wireless Right to Know