By B.N. Frank
Activist Post has covered Newsweek articles on radiation exposure before:
- American Cancer Society chief medical officer referred to results from a U.S. government study on cell phone radiation as a “game changer.”
- Newsweek Is The Latest to Warn about Cell Phone Radiation, WiFi, and 5G Technology Causing Harm
We’ve also covered Forbes magazine’s list of most emitting radiation cell phones as well as France’s “Phonegate” when government data revealed 9 out of 10 phones tested exceed regulatory limits. France has actually been proactive in raising awareness about harm from exposure – especially in kids – for almost 10 years now. Merci beaucoup!
Anyway – it’s great that Newsweek provided these radiation level lists; however, they get 2 thumbs down for including a statement in the article that simply is NOT true:
While the science on the risks of prolonged exposure to phone radiation remains inconclusive…
Whatchoo talking about, Newsweek?
In a new paper, “Clear evidence of cell-phone RF radiation cancer risk” published in the journal IEEE Microwave Magazine, Dr. James C. Lin states that the results of the National Toxicology Program (NTP) cell phone radiation study suggest that current radio frequency (RF) exposure guidelines are inadequate to protect human health (1).
Eleven experts convened by the National Toxicology Program (NTP) over a three day period to review the draft technical reports from the NTP’s cell phone radiation studies concluded that there is “clear evidence” that exposure to cell phone radiation caused a rare cancer in the hearts of male rats, and “there is equivocal evidence” in the hearts of female rats.
In light of these combined findings, Ramazzini researchers are now urging the IARC to upgrade its carcinogenicity classification for cellphones from a “possible” to a “probable” human carcinogen. Fiorella Belpoggi, director of research at the Institute and the study’s lead author, told Microwave News:14
This set of papers reflects various types of harm from exposure to cell phone radiation including reproductive harm, cancer, oxidative stress, DNA damage, and adverse effects on memory and brain functioning. These effects have been found in human as well as animal studies.
Reproductive harm? Oh my! Huge downer about that!
Memory and brain functioning?
“Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it.” except maybe
- 2012 research confirming exposure to all sources of WiFi radiation can disrupt the blood-brain barrier which can cause it to leak and apparently kill brain cells.
- 2017 National Institutes of Health (NIH) research confirming mobile phone use for 5 minutes can cause significant memory impairment. Additional research confirmed memory impairment from exposure to teenagers as well.
Research has confirmed that exposure cell phone and wireless WiFi radiation along with Electromagnetic Fields has a cumulative toxic effect when combined with other toxins.
And recently, research confirmed bacteria exposed to cell phone and WiFi radiation can become antibiotic resistant.
Here’s the deal: the cell phone industry has never said that cell phones are safe. Manufacturers are also warning shareholders (not customers) that they may eventually be held liable for the harm their products have caused.
“Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response.” — Arthur M. Schlesinger
For more information, visit the following websites:
- Center For Safer Wireless
- Center For Electrosmog Prevention
- Citizens for Safe Technology
- Clear Light Ventures
- EMF Safety Network
- Environmental Health Trust
- Generation Zapped
- National Association for Children and Safe Technology
- Parents for Safe Technology
- Scientists for Wired Tech
- We Are The Evidence