By B.N. Frank
Last month, CBSNews.com posted “Cell Phones & Cancer: 8 Dumb Things to Boost Your Possible Cancer Risk”
#4 on their list: “Going cellular when signal is weak.”
“The weaker the signal…the greater the amount of radiation that’s being delivered to your body.”
It’s not breaking news that cell phone and other sources of wireless (WiFi) radiation harm our bodies AND in other ways besides boosting cancer risk. There has been credible U.S. military research that has proven this since 1972
CBSNews.com also isn’t the first reference to “Dumb” Thing #4:
November 9, 2009: Dr. Oz on Good Morning America.
“… don’t talk when you’re driving…the phone signal must move to several wireless towers. Those waves have to boost up from your cell phone to find the towers,” Oz explained. “If you’re in an elevator, same thing.”
- “… cell phones emit the most radiation when they are attempting to connect to cellular towers.“
- “A moving phone, or a phone in an area with a weak signal, has to work harder, giving of more radiation.”
December 20, 2017: California Department of Health Brochure: “How to Reduce Exposure to RadioFrequency (RF) Energy from Cell Phones”
- Reduce or avoid using your cell phone when it is sending out high levels of RF Energy.
- This happens mainly when You are in a fast moving car, bus, or train. Your phone puts out more RF energy to maintain connections to avoid dropped calls as it switches connections from one cell tower to the next unless it is in airplane mode.
Cell phone minutes have become so cheap that phone use and driving has become very common. People are busy and many feel this is a convenient way to “multi-task”. Some hold phones up against their heads which is coincidentally CBSNews.com’s #2 Dumb Thing to Boost Possible Cancer Risk.
According to Dr. Keith Black, Chairman of Neurology of Cedar Sinai Los Angeles:
- “What (wireless) microwave radiation does … is similar to what happens to food in microwaves, essentially cooking the brain.
- “So in addition to leading to a development of cancer and tumors, there could be a whole host of other effects like cognitive memory function, since the memory temporal lobes are where we hold our cell phones.”
Some drivers have their cell phones attached to their dashboards which may reduce how much and how fast their brains and everything else is being cooked. However everyone in the car is still being exposed to more radiation than they would be if they weren’t inside a moving vehicle.
It also still doesn’t change the fact that there are still more accidents now because of cell phone use while driving or “Distracted Driving.”
Besides “distracted driving” and increased cancer risk, exposure to cell phone and other sources of wireless (WiFi) radiation has been proven to
- disrupt the brain barrier
- lower impulse control
Lower impulse control and blood-brain barrier disruption may explain the increase in traffic accidents as well as incidents of road rage and other bizarre happenings.
Cooked brains, disrupted brain barriers and lowered impulse control. I can’t help thinking about these haunting lyrics in a whole different way
“He blew his mind out in a car.” (“A Day in a Life”, The Beatles 1967)
Even if you – as an adult driver – are still sharp as a tack and cool as a cucumber behind the wheel,
This being said – when you choose
- to use your cell phone while driving
- to allow passengers to use their cell phones and other wireless (WiFi) emitting devices while you’re driving
you are choosing to expose both you AND your children to more radiation than if you weren’t all in a moving vehicle.
Is 2nd-hand radiation is the new 2nd hand smoking? Some people think so.
If you drive with your pets, same thing:
Even if everything is still hunky dory in your family, according to Dr. Black
“The biggest problem we have is that we know most environmental factors take several decades of exposure before we really see the consequences.”
How convenient for those who manufacture and market cell phones and other wireless (WiFi) radiation emitting products that are now so affordable that we feel free to provide them to our children and use them all the time…
And yet Silicon Valley parents (including Steve Jobs) have been limiting their kids’ use and exposure to new technology for many years now.
There must be valid reasons for that. Perhaps it’s because
- Silicon Valley parents actually read the wireless (WiFi) radiation device product manuals unlike many of the rest of us.
- Safety guidelines and standards for all wireless emitting technology as well as other personal electronic products were established by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) over 20 years ago.
- Safety guidelines and standards were only created for adults because children weren’t using cell phones or other wireless devices 20+ years ago.
In the United States, safety testing for products that emit wireless (WiFi) radiation is primarily performed on plastic mannequin heads and bodies.
Yet plastic mannequin heads and bodies don’t use cell phones or any other wireless (WiFi) emitting products. People do.
Many scientists also believe there is enough research that proves wireless (WiFi) radiation should be classified as a Group A Carcinogen.
However some of the same scientists being paid to defend Tobacco products are also being paid to defend wireless (WiFi) radiation emitting products. Everybody’s gotta eat, right?
Still not concerned? Like sun exposure, wireless (WiFi) radiation exposure has also been scientifically proven to speed up the aging process.
and “A moving phone… has to work harder, giving off more radiation.”
Children may be psyched about speeding up their aging process so they can leave home and conquer the world, but most grown-ups I know feel like they are aging rapidly enough as it is. They’re tired and achy. They curse “harsh” florescent lighting in store dressing room mirrors and everywhere else. I’m with them.
Research has also determined that cell phones are 10 times dirtier than a toilet seat. That can’t be good for anybody’s pores.
Cell phones have also been known to malfunction, catch fire, and/or explode so hopefully you have good auto insurance.
Additional related links:
“CBSNews.com: #3 Dumb Thing to Boost Possible Cancer Risk is Encouraging Kids to Use Cell Phones”
“CBSNews.com: Sleeping with Your Cell Phone is #1 Dumb Thing to Boost Your Possible Cancer Risk”
CBS News Posts 8 Dumb Ways to Boost Possible Cancer Risk. Experts Still Not in Complete Agreement.
“Dear Cell Phone Radiation Warning Naysayers, MeThinks Thou Protests Too Much”
“Popular Science” Magazine Still Blows Off Cell Phone Radiation Warnings Despite Reports From The World Health Organization, Dr. Oz, Stephen Colbert and Others
“Most Don’t Question “Sensitivity” To Air Pollution But Still Question “Sensitivity” To Electrical Pollution”
“The Flu” and “Microwave Sickness” Share Many of the Same Symptoms
Dr. Oz, “The Rise of 5G Cell Phone Towers” — Telecom Companies Installing Untested Tech So We Can Binge Watch Everywhere On Super-Fast Internet
“Show Me The Money! How Much Telecom Companies Donated To Your Elected Officials May Determine If You Get Small Cell Towers All Over Your Neighborhood”
Firefighters Don’t Want Cell Towers Near Their Stations, But 50+ Federal Bills Allow Cell Towers In Residential Yards and Pretty Much Everywhere Else
For more information contact: