By B.N. Frank
As many as 1/3 are affected. Symptoms from exposure to Electrosmog vary.
We already know that some people and animals are more adversely affected by air pollution than others. Many of them are diagnosed with conditions like allergies, asthma, COPD, etc.
Some people and animals are also more adversely affected by electrical pollution than others. They suffer from “Microwave Sickness.” This may also be referred to as “ElectroSensitivity.”
Microwave Sickness isn’t new. The condition was first introduced by medical professionals in the 1950s.
Decades of research has proven that Wi-Fi and other sources of Electrical Pollution (Electrosmog) affects behavioral, emotional, mental and physical health.
In 2010, NBCNews.com published an article about Electrosmog and Microwave Sickness: “Is Electrosmog Harming Our Health?”
From the article:
Experts say up to 3% of all people are clinically hypersensitive, as many as one-third of us to a lesser degree.
This being said, Microwave Sickness is actually more common than most believe – even medical professionals.
Obviously it is not as common to be “clinically hypersensitive” as it is being sensitive to a “lesser degree.” Regardless, neither option sounds appealing.
Citizens for Safe Technology president, Frank Clegg, was once president of Microsoft Canada. He stated:
Electrosensitivity is not like an allergy you are born with; it is an illness that builds up over increased time and radiation exposure.
Just as we cannot yet explain why some individuals will die from second-hand smoke and others can live a long life smoking 2 packs a day, we cannot explain why some individuals react to wireless radiation.
Exposure to Wi-Fi and Electrosmog may not be the cause of every health problem. However, like air pollution, exposure to Wi-Fi and Electrosmog can make pre-existing conditions worse. How much worse varies from person to person.
People who have been diagnosed with allergies, asthma, or COPD sometimes have “flare ups.” They may use inhalers and take medication to help manage their illnesses and symptoms. They may install air filters in their homes and stay indoors when possible.
The EPA provides warnings to the media when the outdoor air quality is poor. This is announced to the public so we may take precautions.
There is no medication for Microwave Sickness. Symptoms and illness are reduced by reducing exposure to sources of Wi-Fi and Electrosmog. This article gives a good overview: “Electrical Pollution In Your Home: Why You Can’t Be Healthy In A Sick House.”
There are no warnings made public when there are high levels of Electrosmog in the environment. The EPA does not regulate this type of pollution – The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) does.
The FCC also leaves a lot to be desired:
Wall Street Journal: “One in 10 cell/grid towers violate RF radiation rules”
Sources of Electrosmog include all CFL lightbulbs, some LED lightbulbs, dimmer switches, modems, routers, solar panels, anything with a switch mode power supply (inside some computers and device chargers), some appliances, utility “smart” meters, antennas, cell towers, power lines, and Wi-Fi “Hot Spots.”
There are more sources of Wi-Fi and Electrosmog in our homes and everywhere else than in 2010 when the NBCNews.com article was written. There are more cell towers and grids than there were in 2014 when the Wall Street Journal article was written about 1 in 10 violating federal RF safety standards.
Some may get cancer from WiFi and other sources of Electrosmog and some may not:
Diagnostic testing is available for “Electrosensitivity”:
Symptoms and severity are different for everybody.
- ADD/ADHD, and Other Learning Disabilities
- Asthma, Coughing and Other Respiratory Issues
- Behavioral and Mood Issues, Changes, Anxiety, Depression, etc.
- Blood Pressure Abnormalities
- Cardiac Issues, Heart Arrhythmia, Palpitations
- Confusion, Inability to Concentrate
- Chemical Sensitivities
- Dental Issues
- Diabetes, Blood Sugar Fluctuations and Conditions
- Diarrhea, Nausea and Other Digestive Issues
- Disorientation, Dizziness, Vertigo, and Balance Issues
- Endocrine and Thyroid Issues
- Food Sensitivities
- Hair Loss or Thinning
- Hearing Difficulties, Sensitivity to Noise, Ringing in Ears/Tinnitus
- Headaches, Migraines, Seizures, Strokes
- Hormonal Changes, Issues
- Insomnia, Changes in Sleep Habits
- Memory Loss
- Muscular Weakness and Failure
- Nose Bleeds
- “Rapid Aging Syndrome”
- Sensitivity to Light
- Sinus Issues and Allergies
- Skin Issues, Rashes, etc.
- Unexplained weight loss or gain
- Urinary Issues, Frequency, Incontinence, Infections
- Vision Issues and Poor Eye Health
“Beyond Digital Addiction: Your Kids May Be Affected by Wi-Fi and Electronic Devices Even If You Aren’t”
“Do We Need More Research? Or Do We Need to Stop Using Plastic Mannequin Heads and Bodies for “Safety Testing” on Cell Phones and Other Wireless Devices?”
“Firefighters Don’t Want Cell Towers Near Their Stations, But 50+ Federal Bills Allow Cell Towers In Residential Yards and Pretty Much Everywhere Else”
“Quarterback Tom Brady’s Holistic Lifestyle Includes No Electronics in the Bedroom. Supermodel Wife Doesn’t Allow Cell Phones Near the Bed”
“’Popular Science’ Magazine Still Blows Off Cell Phone Radiation Warnings Despite Reports From The World Health Organization, Dr. Oz, Stephen Colbert and Others”
“Virtual Reality’s Literal Side Effects: Headaches, Sore Eyes, Behavioral Changes in Adults; Eyesight, Balance Problems, Unknown Long-Term Consequences in Kids”
- Citizens for Safe Technology (http://citizensforsafetechnology.org)
- Clear Light Ventures (http://www.clearlightventures.com)
- Environmental Health Trust (http://EHTrust.org)
- In Power Movement (http://InPowerMovement.com)
- National Association for Children and Safe Technology (http://NACST.org)
- National Toxic Encephalopathy Foundation (http://NTEF-USA.Org)
- Parents for Safe Technology (http://www.parentsforsafetechnology.org/)
- We Are The Evidence https://wearetheevidence.org/