Aaron Dykes and Melissa Melton
If they can use real food for colors instead, why are so many U.S. products laced with risky ingredients banned around the world?
We were confronted with a neon–colored popsicle that seemed like a young kid’s dream and a parent’s nightmare – that is, until we realized that unlike most of its peers on the junk food market, this sugary treat DOES NOT use artificial color dyes – which have been banned in Europe and most of the world due to their proven links to hyperactivity and cancer.
It just begs the question: why do so many foods sold in the U.S. use artificial dyes like Blue #1, Blue #2, Red #3, Red #40, Yellow #5 and Yellow #6 when their potential harm has been demonstrated in countless studies and real food alternatives – like the turmeric and beet extracts used in this frozen desert – could be used just as easily.
See also: Anthony Antonello’s mini-documentary on the prevalence of Red #40:
RED 40 – The Color of Poison.. A MUST SEE FOR PARENTS !!
With “ADD” and “ADHD” reportedly on the rise, it’s time parents get informed on some of the other things that cause symptoms that can be mistaken for said “disorders”. Do you know what’s in the food you’re eating ? More importantly, what’s in the food your children are eating ? Do you know how many foods use food coloring ? Do you know what some of the ingredients are in these food colorings ? Do you know what these food colorings CAN do o your children ? This is a debate that is 80 years in the making. If you can’t answer even one of those questions, it’s time to get educated. Your child’s life may depend on it. Help spread this video...
Further reading, including studies and articles:
- The Lancet – ‘Southhampton Study’ Food additives and hyperactive behaviour in 3-year-old and 8/9-year-old children in the community: a randomised, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial
- The Center for Science in the Public Interests – Food Dyes: A Rainbow of Risks
The Feingold Diet Program for ADHD (Ingredient Elimination)
- Forbes – Living in Color: The Potential Dangers of Artificial Dyes
- British Medical Journal – The effects of a double blind, placebo controlled, artificial food colourings and benzoate preservative challenge on hyperactivity in a general population sample of preschool children
- BBC News – Europe-wide food colour ban call
- ABC News – 11 Food Ingredients Banned Outside the U.S. That We Eat
- Food Safety News – Food Dyes Linked to Cancer, ADHD, Allergies
- Anthony Antonello – RED 40 – The Color of Poison.. A MUST SEE FOR PARENTS!!
Aaron Dykes and Melissa Melton created TruthstreamMedia.com, where this first appeared, as an outlet to examine the news, uncover the deceptions, pierce through the fabric of illusions, know the real enemy, unshackle from the system, and begin to imagine the path towards taking back our lives, one step at a time, so that one day we might truly be free…