How about instead of paying for Obamacare, we just spend that extra money on living well and healthfully? With the amount of money that families will be spending, they could make some amazing healthy lifestyle choices that would reduce their need for healthcare in many instances. It all boils down to two options: For the cost involved, would you rather pay for health care, by preventing disease with good choices, or death care, by treating disease with toxic chemicals and invasive medical interventions?
The numbers presented are very deceiving. If I were going to participate in Obamacare (which I am NOT), after subsidies I would only be paying $185 per month. But then, there is a deductible of another $5,000 per year. And then they only pay 60% of my costs, leaving me on the hook for the other 40%.
So let’s add this up.
For my little below-the-poverty-line family the total is $7,220 per year that will be spent IF someone is sick enough to use enough healthcare to qualify to have Obamacare pay for some. For a friend of mine with a higher income and a bigger family, the out-of-pocket cost would be over $28,000 before Obamacare paid for (a percentage of) a single thing!
This is not the bargain it is being presented as. Instead, it is the biggest Ponzi scheme the world has ever known. The banking system, as corrupt as it is, has nothing on Obamacare, because if you are alive and breathing, the government wants to FORCE you to participate. Who benefits from this? Certainly not you, unless you happen to own an insurance company or be a politician on the dole to insurance companies.
There are a lot of ways I could put $7,220 to use to improve the health of my family. Many of the catastrophic illnesses that are so rampant today can be directly traced back to poor choices or toxic environmental factors. A study in The Lancet says that our lifestyle has a lot to do with the dramatic increase in cancer cases. ”Countries with more ‘progress’ have substantially higher rates of cancer. – See more The FDA has allowed a veritable Pandora’s box of toxins into our foods, cleaning products, and medications because the soft-kill poisoning of the American people has been great for the bank account if you happen to be involved in Big Pharma, Big Agri or Big Business.” (source)
With my average $601 per month that I would be paying before the Obamacare even kicked in, I could put aside money each month for any medical expenses we might incur. We rarely go to the doctor and in 3 years between all of us, we have not spent the sum of the $5000 deductible (even after a serious accident last summer that left me with a concussion and internal injuries.) Putting aside an emergency fund for things like doctor’s visits, prescriptions, and unexpected needs has long been a part of my personal financial plan.
If we want to start instituting programs to improve public health, what if we taught people how to avoid the horrible toxins in our environment? What if we ate healthy? What if we exercised? What if we just made good lifestyle choices?
It can be difficult to make good choices when you’re broke, and Obamacare is just going to cast people further into destitution. It will be a vicious, self-perpetuating cycle because they will be LESS able to afford to opt for the best nutritional choices, which means they will get sicker and need more health care.
20 Better Ways to Spend Your Money
Here are some ways that you can prevent disease and illness – many of them free. And ALL of them can be had for far less than my personal “affordable” health care.
- Purchase organic foods as often as possible. The use of pesticides in conventional farming is rampant. Even the hijacked the Environmental Protection Agency has to admit that the ingestion of pesticides can cause health problems. They warn of the risk of “birth defects, nerve damage, cancer, and other effects that might occur over a long period of time.” Especially at risk of harm from pesticides are prepubescent children and fetuses.
- Avoid GMOs. Always. genetically modified foods have not been tested for long-term effects on humans. There is a great deal of evidence to indicate the GMOs can cause a host of illness. Peer reviewed studies implicate GMOs in the development of grotesque tumors, premature death, organ failure, gastric lesions, liver damage, kidney damage, severe allergic reactions, a viral gene that disrupts human functions…you can read more HERE.
- Avoid conventional dairy products. Conventional dairy products are absolutely loaded with hormones. Dairy cattle are given high levels of female hormones to make them produce a greater quantity of milk. This makes little boys develop female characteristics and makes little girls hit puberty at a far younger age than normal, which is the reason you see 4th graders with large breasts and hips. These hormones can also trigger obesity in both genders. Because of the public outcry, some dairies have pledged not to use rBST, the most commonly used of the growth hormones.
- Load your plate with colorful antioxidants. Opt for organic versions of foods like berries, colorful veggies, dark chocolate, and coffee, to name a few, are loaded with powerful, cancer-fighting antioxidants.
- Shop for foods grown with lower pesticide usage. If organic produce is not an option, look for the items with the lowest pesticide loads. (This list by the Environmental Working Group is based ONLY on pesticide loads – some of the items they recommend could be GMOs). Fruits and vegetables that can be peeled often subject you to less pesticides than thin-skinned items. If you must buy conventional, wash the produce carefully and peel it if possible.
- Avoid processed foods. Many of the additives and preservatives featured abundantly in North America are banned in other countries precisely because of the health risks they represent.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners. Aspartame, for example, is a known carcinogen that breaks down into formaldehyde in the human body.
- Opt for hormone free, antibiotic free meat. If you can’t afford grass-fed organic meat, at the very least look for options that are guaranteed to be hormone and antibiotic free. Livestock animals that provide meat or dairy products are tainted with growth hormones, antibiotics, and GMO feed. These items pass through the food chain to the consumer. Growth hormones can cause opposite sex characteristics in developing children, early puberty, the development of cancer, and infertility. Furthermore, the world is quickly becoming immune to the effects of antibiotics because of constant exposure through the food supply, which means that there is the potential for things that should be easily treated to become deadly due to antibiotic resistance. (Click HERE for a little primer on those confusing meat labels.)
- Avoid fluoridated water. Drink spring water and avoid “city” water. Our municipal water supply is spiked with fluoride, a neurotoxin that lowers IQs, causes infertility, has been linked to cancer and causes hardening of the arteries.
- Be scrupulous about food hygiene. Wash your produce very thoroughly and soak it in a baking soda bath. Also remember to careful wash your beans and rice. (Click HERE to see some photos of the dirt that comes off of a cup of rice!)
- Refuse vaccines. Many vaccines contain mercury, another known carcinogen. By the age of two, if a child has received all of the recommended vaccines, he or she has received 2,370 times the “allowable safe limit” for mercury (if there is such a thing as a safe level of poison).
- Maintain a healthy body weight. Obesity has been linked to increased risks of cancers of the esophagus, breast, endometrium, uterus, colon and rectum, kidney, pancreas, thyroid, gallbladder, and possibly other types.
- Exercise daily. Spend some of your premiums on joining a gym, or just lace up your shoes and start walking.
- Don’t smoke.
- Consume alcohol only in moderation.
- Limit the use of plastic in your home. BPA or Bisphenol-A are petrochemical plastics that are a major component of many water bottles, lines the inside of canned goods, and makes up the hard material of many reusable food containers, including some brands of baby bottles.
- Select personal care products that do not contain petrochemicals. Many cosmetics and other health and beauty aids contain petrochemicals. The danger of this is their byproduct, 1,4-dioxane, a proven carcinogen. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency classifies dioxane as a probable human carcinogen California state law has classified dioxane to cause cancer. Animal studies in rats suggest that the greatest health risk is associated with inhalation of vapors.
- Opt for natural, biodegradable food grade cleaning products. According to the website Natural Pure Organics, the average household contains up to 25 gallons of toxic materials, most of which are in cleaning products. When you use these cleaners, they linger in the air and on the surfaces, increasing your exposure to carcinogens as you inhale the toxins into your lungs or absorb them through your skin.
- Teach your children WHY you avoid the things you do. This will help them make better choices when they are not with you.
- Grow your own. Get into the garden and start growing your own food. This way you can rest assured that the seeds are heirloom and that the growing methods are pure. Consider raising backyard chickens and rabbits for hormone free, antibiotic-free meat and eggs.
You are far better off to prevent disease than to treat it after the fact. These choices will not be promoted by the government, because, simply put, Big Business owns the government – the same Big Business that is getting filthy rich feeding you poison and selling you toxins to slather on your body and clean your home with. This is the same Big Business that will laugh all the way to the bank when Obamacare pays them for selling you unneeded vaccines and medication with horrific side effects, and then foreclose on your home while you’re in the hospital.
Spend your money wisely and opt for choices that build vitality and help you to thrive, instead of draconian forced expenditures that will impoverish you to the point that you can’t afford the building blocks of good health. That is the real difference between health care and death care.
Keep up-to-date on the fight against the forced health care mandate by joining the Facebook page, We Will Not Comply with Obamacare.
Daisy Luther is a freelance writer and editor. Her website, The Organic Prepper, where this article first appeared, offers information on healthy prepping, including premium nutritional choices, general wellness and non-tech solutions. You can follow Daisy on Facebook and Twitter, and you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org