Even many congressmen and senators agree that genetically modified ingredients should be clearly labeled in the food supply.
Joining more than 900,000 individuals who have signed the ”Just Label It” campaign since October — 55 Republican and Democrat politicians (see all 55) from both the House and Senate signed a letter in support of GMO food labeling. The representatives represent the shockingly high statistic of 92% who state that they support the labeling of GMOs according to a number of studies.
Gaining the most signatures of any labeling initiative in history, the ”Just Label It” campaign asks the FDA to require any food containing genetically modified ingredients to be labeled. As pointed out by the concerned legislators, the FDA currently requires over 3,000 substances to be clearly labeled in food products, so why not genetically modified ingredients?
Furthermore, labeling doesn’t confuse the public, it enables them to make more choices. In their letters, they write:
Declare Your Independence!Profit outside the rigged system! Protect yourself from tyranny and economic collapse. Learn to live free and spread peace!
Counter Markets Newsletter - Trends & Strategies for Maximum Freedom
At issue is the fundamental right consumers have to make informed choices about the food they eat…The agency currently requires over 3,000 other ingredients, additives, and processes to be labeled; providing basic information doesn’t confuse the public, it empowers them to make choices. Absent labeling, Americans are unable to choose for themselves whether to purchase GE foods…We urge you to fully review the facts, law, and science, and side with the American public by requiring the labeling of genetically engineered foods as is done in nearly 50 countries throughout the world.
Perhaps the lack of labeling in the United States has to do with Monsanto’s deep ties with key government organizations and officials. Some key Monsanto officials inside the U.S. government include:
- Margaret Miller was in charge of preparing the report on Monsanto’s synthetic milk hormone rBGH following its approval at Monsanto, and she was later the official in charge of reviewing her own report as Deputy Director of Human Safety and Consultative Services.
- Michael R Taylor was a partner at the law firm that represented Monsanto on a number of subjects. Following this position, Taylor became the FDA’s deputy commissioner for policy, where he wrote the FDA’s labeling guidelines for Monsanto’s creations. Taylor then spent a few years working directly for Monsanto, and has been brought back by Barack Obama as the Food Safety Czar.
These are but a few key Monsanto personnel now stationed deep within the United States government.
It has also been revealed that Monsanto has control of virtually all U.S. diplomats, and the company has even used its massive influence to force other nations to accept their genetically modified crops through economic threats and political pressure.
- Genetically Modified Food Labeling Initiative Gains Momentum
- As Predicted, FDA Will Not Require Labeling of GM Salmon
- Tell Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s to Label GM Products – Take Action
- FDA Targets ‘Unproven’ New Supplements While Allowing Harmful GMOs
- Obama Promised GMO Labeling in 2007
- Report Finds ‘Natural’ Cereal Products Loaded with GMOs, Pesticides
This article first appeared at Natural Society, an excellent resource for health news and vaccine information.