Awareness will simply not stop growing concerning genetically modified foods.
The United States Congress is also starting to get in on the action, with the introduction of two new bills revolving around the labeling and safety of GMOs.
Two new bills have been introduced by representative Dennis Kucinich that are aiming to not only mandate labeling of genetically modified foods, but also bring in a new set of rules to make GMOs safer.
The Genetically Engineered Food Right to Know Act was introduced on December 2, 2011, and has 12 co-sponsors and bipartisan support. While president Obama promised GMO labeling years ago in 2007, this promise never came to fruition. The new bill recently introduced will not only require labeling of all genetically modified foods, but it will also require that farmers make known if their animals have been fed GMOs.
Another bill titled Genetically Engineered Safety Act was introduced also on December 2, 2011. This bill compliments The Genetically Engineered Food Right to Know Act, bringing more excellent provisions to the table. This bill is aiming to:
- Prevent cross-pollination and contamination of gmo crops to non-gmo crops by prohibiting open-air cultivation of genetically engineered pharmaceutical and industrial crops.
- Make it so common human food or animal feed can not be used as the host plant for a genetically engineered pharmaceutical or industrial chemicals.
- Create a system for tracking pharmaceutical and industrial crops and their by-products, including the growing, handling, transportation, and disposal of such.
Take Action Now — Tell Congress We Want to Know What’s in Our Food
Even though genetically modified crops have been taking over farm land, the number of activists against these GMOs is also growing extremely fast.
With this remarkable influx of whistle blowing should also come action. If you haven’t taken your concerns for human health and the environment to the next level, now is your chance. Let Congress know that we have a right to know what’s in our food. Tell them that without labeling and restrictions on genetically modified food, everything on this planet is at risk.
- Health Officials: Antipsychotic Drugs Given to Millions of Children are Very Dangerous
- 27 Years | No Deaths from Vitamins, 3 Million from Prescription Drugs
- Health Alert: Analysis Finds Gardasil Contaminated with Genetically Modified HPV rDNA
- Few Realize they are Eating Genetically Modified Foods
- Flu Shots Contain More than 250 Times the EPA’s Safety Limit for Mercury
- AIDS Vaccine Coming Soon | Experimental Vaccine Led to Censored Deaths
Please visit Natural Society for more great health news and vaccine information.