The video clearly depicts Diane Watts’ Communication Specialist Tara Foslien being notified of specific Canadian Laws and Agreements that will be broken by inviting Mr Bush to speak at the Surrey Economic Forum. Professor Anthony Hall of the University of Lethbridge and Mohawk
– Specifically cited were Article 3 of the Geneva Conventions and Section 35 of the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Act barring war criminals and torturers.
– The Peace activists and groups such as Lawyers Against War insist that torture should not be ignored for political reasons and Canadian laws and international agreements should be upheld.
– In the case of Mr Bush he admitted to ordering the torture programs at CIA rendition/black sites in an NBC interview with Matt Lauer and also in his book “Decision Points”. The accusations of torture have now been validated by Bush’s own admissions.
– Water boarding has always been condemned universally as well as considered torture by the US military, The United Nations, The Red Cross, Amnesty International etc…
– The torture programs instituted by the Bush administration led to a massive surge in US Troop deaths and casualties as well as boosted recruitment levels for the Taliban and Al Qaeda. This is well documented with many members of the US government including even
boarding is definitely torture.
– CIA Chief Leon Panetta and Senator John MCain came out recently out against the defense of torture and those tryng to claim that torture lead to Bin Laden.