Our nation was founded by strong pioneers, brave frontiersmen, patriots, and rebels. Today, our nation is ruled by spoiled brats, pretentious snobs, thieves, and cowards. What the hell happened to us? If a UFC fighter sarcastically and unrealistically challenged Honest Abe to a fist fight do you think the secret service would have shown up at the fighter’s house? I don’t. I think Abe might have shown up in the cage!
Not today. Recent events have shown us exactly what our divine and exalted leaders are really made of:
- Tongue-and-cheek remarks by a UFC fighter are treated as serious threats against the president.
- A representative gets shot so the government proposes laws where people can’t speak negatively against them.
- They also introduce 3 new bills against the second amendment–including ones where guns can’t be brought within 1000 feet of them.
- The FBI is showing up at the homes of bloggers for merely being critical of the government.
- They want to force us through naked body scanners at airports, but save themselves the humiliation and radiation of the experience.
- They release reports like the MIAC report, where they redefine terrorism as opposing them.
It seems that all our current government does is take our money, take our freedoms, and work as hard as they can to protect their own butts from retaliation! Instead of castles they hide in mansions and secure state buildings. Instead of moats they surround themselves with police. This is not the role our government is supposed to play. They are not there to serve themselves, or protect their own skins. They are supposed to be serving us and protecting our rights!
All of these stories, where our cowardly masters are working so hard to protect themselves, often anger me, and make my blood boil. I watch as they attack our freedom of speech, infringe upon our second amendment rights, and intimidate us through visits from armed goons. I listen as they label us as terrorists, extremists, and threats (because we believe in the Constitution they’ve sworn to uphold). I understand how they actually want us on welfare, because they know people won’t bite the hand that feeds them.
But today, I’m not angry about any of it. I’m excited.