North Korea threatens to launch two retaliatory strikes over further planned artillery drills on disputed island

Daily Mail

North Korea has again warned its southern neighbour to stop planned artillery drills on disputed islands and said it would launch two retaliatory strikes if it failed to comply.

South Korea has said it plans to carry out a 24-hour live-fire drill on Yeonpyeong Island sometime between Saturday and Tuesday, depending on weather.

Pyongyang, which claims ownership of nearby waters and has said it considers the drills an infringement of its territory, responded to similar firing exercises last month by shelling the tiny island.

That attack killed four people on the island, including two civilians, which is home to a fishing community and military bases.

An unnamed senior North Korean military official told the Korean Central News Agency that if the south carried out more drills ‘despite our military’s prior warnings, second and third unpredictable self-defensive strikes will be made’.

A notice sent to the South Korean military today added that the retaliation would be made ‘to safeguard our republic’s sacred territorial waters’ and that the ‘intensity and scope of the strike will be more serious than the November 23 shelling’.

Read Full Article

RELATED ARTICLE:
6 Reasons to Start World War III if You’re a Globalist


Activist Post Daily Newsletter

Subscription is FREE and CONFIDENTIAL
Free Report: How To Survive The Job Automation Apocalypse with subscription

Be the first to comment on "North Korea threatens to launch two retaliatory strikes over further planned artillery drills on disputed island"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*