The stroke of midnight has just passed and the US government has turned into a pumpkin. Well, we wish. In fact the US government like some eternal zombie continues to walk the Earth even without the souls of taxpayers upon which to feast. And, even that isn’t totally true. Like any zombie it still collects the blood of its victims (taxes) even while most of its zombie army (federal government employees) sit at home on a paid vacation… and most of their oppressive “services” continue on, like the CIA, NSA, ATF, DEA, Executive branch, police and more.
But just for our pleasure, let’s imagine that all government in the US really shut down … which it will in the coming years as the US dollar collapses.
Here, then, is our top 10 list of ways a theoretical shutdown of the US government would affect you in that event… and we include a few ways the current pseudo-shutdown will also affect you (hint: it’s better).
1. NO MORE TAXES! One of the things that has most shocked me in my life is hearing someone like Ron Paul, who ran for the last President of the US, saying, “Shut down the IRS” and most American sheeple actually thinking he is crazy! Through decades of public school indoctrination and mainstream media propaganda slaves in the US actually think taxation is just a part of life! Of course, one of the “founding fathers” of the US (which was actually just a political coup) is famous for saying, “In this world nothing can be said to be certain except for death and taxes”. In reality, taxes aren’t a fact of life and are solely extortion. Imagine how much your life would change if your government did shut down and you were free to spend your own money as you choose.
2. NO MORE DEMOCRACY! If the US government were to truly shut down it would mean an end to the vile scourge of democracy which is purely mob rule and, at its core, anti-freedom. To see the absurdity of democracy imagine if a restaurant were democratic. Someone already has and you can see it here.
3. NO MORE REGULATION! Imagine if a child could open a lemonade stand again in the US without being arrested!
4. NO MORE DRUG WAR! All of a sudden all items could be freely tradeable (well, they already are… especially on Silk Road). But without government prohibition all gangs in the US and the rest of the world would evaporate and just become real businesses with real recourse in disputes besides shootouts. Crime would be reduced around the world by 70%+ and millions of non-violent people convicted of victimless crimes would be freed from dungeons (jail). The biggest victim would be shows like Breaking Bad and The Wire which wouldn’t be necessary anymore.
5. NO MORE BORDERS! Labor could finally go to where it is wanted and needed without being held hostage! The economy could once again function normally without coercion and violence. And, things like minimum wage would also fall by the wayside thus reducing the unemployment rate to at or near 0% into eternity.
6. NO MORE FEDERAL RESERVE! Without a violence-backed system the Federal Reserve would have to compete with other currency providers and quickly the market would decide on much better currencies than Federal Reserve Notes (like gold, silver, bitcoin and others) and there would be no more recessions nor depressions and the living standards of all would rise dramatically.
7. NO MORE VIOLENCE-BACKED US POST OFFICE! People throughout the geographic region known as the US would not have to pay at gunpoint to receive junk mail in an age where sending parcels with private companies and information electronically has made it obsolete to rely on government union employees, who often go insane and shoot their co-workers.
8. NO VISITATION TO PLACES OF STATE WORSHIP! The first seven items in this list were obviously just hopes and not reality. None of that will happen. The final three items on this list are actually happening though including this one. As of today, state-loving people will not be able to visit their places of worship including the Washington Phallic Monument and the Thomas Jefferson Memorial (where now caged, Adam Kokesh, tried dancing last year to celebrate Jefferson’s message of freedom and was arrested). As for national parks, they are “closed” but that is just a sign you see on your way into the park. The park isn’t closed… this shutdown just means you are given a reprieve from being harrased by national parks goons who will accost you for drinking a beer in nature.
9. NO MORE GUN PERMISSION! This, unfortunately is also true as of today. The US government will not be selectively giving out permission (permits) to own a gun. And when we say “unfortunately” we mean that it is unfortunate that you are required to get permission by the US government to own a gun.
10. NO MORE PERMISSION TO TRAVEL! This, also, is true. You will not be able to get permission to travel from your overlords (called a passport – or as we call it, a slave card) while the government is shut down. Again, like in #9, we see this as being sad that individuals have devolved to this point that they need permission to even move. Notice that two of the three real things that affect you today in this list are an inability to purchase self-protection devices and to travel (and why we admonish those who can to get a foreign passport before they close the gates on the US tax farm for good).
Still worried about a government closure? Sign up to The Dollar Vigilante’s daily blog in order to be updated on why you should not only not be worried about a true shuttering of the federal government but should be hoping for it.
Anarcho-Capitalist. Libertarian. Freedom fighter against mankind’s two biggest enemies, the State and the Central Banks. Jeff Berwick is the founder of The Dollar Vigilante, CEO of TDV Media & Services and host of the popular video podcast, Anarchast. Jeff is a prominent speaker at many of the world’s freedom, investment and gold conferences as well as regularly in the media including CNBC, CNN and Fox Business.