If there’s only one more documentary you see in the remainder of your life: Make sure it’s Genetic Roulette: The Gamble of Our Lives. World renown genetically modified organism (GMO) expert Jefferey Smith, who heads The Institute for Responsible Technology, directed and wrote the film that won Solari Best Film of the Year, 2012 and most recently Aware Guide’s Top Transformational film of 2012.
If you’ve been following GMO news for years, you are still sure to learn new, shocking information in this recent release. What’s unique is that even if you’ve never heard of a GMO, the movie is easy to digest without losing its informed audience.Watch it free here until Feb 10 and definitely read and share the following review with your loved ones:
Is Genetic Roulette a downer? According to Aware Guide founder, a top transformational film would “inspire the movement of society towards ideals, values and practices that create a better world for everyone. They focus on solutions, not problems for issues such as: CONSCIOUSNESS, ENVIRONMENT, ENERGY, HEALTH, INSPIRATION and SOCIAL ISSUES.”
A summary of the essential topics covered in this documentary can be found below.
Thanks to overwhelming votes at Aware Guide, Genetic Roulette was a clear winner. It was also a close runner-up for the their top Impact film. Aware Guide noted, “The overwhelming support for this film shows that it is only a matter of time before GMO labeling laws are passed.”
For some reason, it is easy to see the sensational Supersize Me, but go back to fast food eating after the dazzle fades. Not so with Genetic Roulette – it so empowering and info-packed that one could easily walk away from GMOs, conventional pesticide-doused no-nutrient produce, and store-bought milk laced with bovine growth hormone — forever.
Quick Topic Intro
Genetic modification (GM) splices and transfers genes between species which alters and mutates DNA leading to inflammation and more (below). Giant biotech corporations like DuPont and Monsanto spearhead the research, products, and patents. Two types of GM involve creating a pesticide built into the plant (Bt toxin) that destroys pests who eat it and one allows the crop to withstand heavy dousing of RoundUp herbicide so that only the weeds die. Monsanto also brought us Agent Orange, aspartame, dangerous pesticides and RoundUp, bovine growth hormone for cows, and more. They tout that GM will alleviate world hunger but you will see how that lie rests heavily on some of the world’s biggest profits.
Some other subjects the documentary thoroughly explains:
- What is the newly discovered organism in RoundUp corn and soy killing off cattle embryos?
- Intro of foreign DNA never existing before that our body doesn’t recognize. It creates inflammation, which coincidentally correlates to the spike in inflammatory disease in the last 20 years. Just a few diseases that correlate: auto-immunes, organ deterioration, rapid aging, insulin disorders, cancer, infertility, miscarriages, birth defects and more.
- Can consuming GMOs cause genetic material to bind with gut bacteria turning our digestive tract into a living Bt pesticide factory?
- Why did 93% of tested pregnant Canadians have Bt toxin in their blood and in 80% of their unborn babies?
- Why are a startling amount of children coming to doctors with Leaky Gut Syndrome and correlating life-endangering allergies?
- Why has it only now been discovered that GMOs can burst open pores in intestinal linings even though the FDA has touted it only bursts open insect stomachs as it’s designed?
- Biotech companies are allowed to conduct their own safety studies for approval – FDA and USDA do not test for safety but take their word.
- FDA was caught lying when they espoused GMO safety (still do) but an attorney forced them to reveal 40,000 secret memos revealing the agency’s own hazard findings. Michael Taylor (our current food safety czar) was heading the FDA even though he used to be a top Monsanto official. Other many, major conflicts of interest are discussed.
- Why do autistic children respond so well when they are taken off GMO foods?
- Why do swine who eat GM feed break out in rage and cannibalize each other?
- Why do all animals instinctively leave GMOs untouched if they have a choice – even rats and pigs?
- Aside from genetic modification and pesticides (which cause weeds to shrivel by blocking nutrient absorption), why is it best to avoid conventional produce and packaged foods?
- Did you know that buffalo in India died just three days after eating Bt cotton? Why have hundreds of Indian farmers committed suicide?
- What is the dairy cancer connection? Why is there now pus in store-bought milk?
- What can we do to get GMOs out of our homes and bodies – how to we fight it on a grand scale?
- What would really save the food and eco-system and end world hunger?
With hope, Jefferey Smith will continue the documentaries into a series – this was a significant tip of the iceberg. There are other facets to the GM takeover that could be showcased such as more on Monsanto’s treatment of farmers and more on the bee colony die-off connection. The hour and a half goes by so quickly one could easily keep watching to learn more.
The only thing thing that has kept the boulder of GM and the biotech mob from entirely wiping out humanity and the environment is consumer awareness and tenacious activism. Sound extreme? After watching, all doubts of that truth will vanish. But it’s not over yet — corporate parasites like Monsanto in conjunction with unheeded approval from governmental agencies we pay to keep us safe are determined to stay and keep their relentless stronghold in America.
If there’s one thing you do before February 10, watch Genetic Roulette and share the message to fully bring on the awareness tipping point so that everyone knows what to do to stop the madness — stop disease and environmental destruction. Let our empowerment begin today!
No one has the right to play dice, to play roulette with the entire genetic integrity of life on the planet. – Tom Newmark, founder of Sacred Seeds
Read other articles by Heather Callaghan