I have been removed from the Advanced Placement (AP) Government listserve for documenting US Constitution promises compared with these recent US ‘laws’ and actions:
- assassination of Americans upon the non-reviewable dictate of the president,
- control-drown/waterboarding anyone dictated as a “terrorist” despite all US and international case law finding this to be torture,
- NDAA 2012 and 2006 Military Commissions Act that state a president can dictate any person as a “terrorist suspect,” and then disappear them without challenge,
- presidential executive order saying the US government can seize any resource, any person, at any time for “national defense.”
- US wars and armed attacks that violate treaties after both world wars that make use of military unlawful unless a country’s government attacks first (Kellogg-Briand and UN Charter).
I was informed by the listserve moderator that a Bill Tinkler of the College Board had deemed these posts “non-academic,” of “personal nature,” and “unsuitable” for consideration of teachers in a college-level course on government.
Mr. Tinkler ordered the moderator to remove me from the listserve.
Mr. Tinkler never communicated with me to ask any question or state any argument.
I assume that such action would apply to any teacher who juxtaposed the US Constitution with US policies and wars. Therefore, I’m taking Mr. Tinkler’s initial indirect communication with me to voice the College Board’s opposition to AP Government classes teaching the US Constitution as applied to our most important current events. I welcome Mr. Tinkler’s clarification.
I e-mailed our moderator that:
- Bill Tinkler will have opportunity to explain his position and cite the evidence.
- If Mr. Tinkler cannot support his censorship, he will reinstate me and I’ll post to our 2,000 teachers the professional academic standards of refutation for factual claims. If he can support his censorship, I’d be happy to correct my behavior both to the listserve and to the public audience of up to two million views a month.
- Mr. Tinkler will have two choices: either academic professionalism, or my ongoing public voice of my findings of AP Government leadership.
I promise to write with Mr. Tinkler’s response.
Carl Herman is a National Board Certified Teacher in economics, government, and history. His hobby is research, education, and lobbying for improved public policy. A principal project of his 30-years’ experience working with US “leadership” in government, economics and corporate media was to grow the citizen’s lobby, RESULTS, that led to two UN Summits (1990 World Summit for Children - the largest meeting of heads of state in world history - and the 1997 Microcredit Summit - topic of the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize). Because US political leadership of both parties reneged on each and every public and private promise to end poverty, and US corporate media behaved as their political propagandists, Carl shifted his hobby to "follow the money." His conclusions are explained and documented in these two articles (academic/professional voice, and more passionate citizen voice):
Open proposal for US revolution: end unlawful wars, parasitic economics
Common Sense for new American Revolution: revolt from US government by dicts
He can be reached at Carl_Herman@post.harvard.edu
BE THE CHANGE! PLEASE SHARE THIS USING THE TOOLS BELOW